• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any idea about this kelly SN

Hi all,

found a Jackson Kelly PS-67 Performer with SN "1055227"

Any ideas about year;country;

PS6T Korea. That's a 'T'.
    They aren't date coded numbers, and there's still some speculation about when the Performers moved from Korea to Japan, so...

...late '94 to '97. They were released in 1995 and by 1998 they were Japanese. Could be '96, but I'm thinking the move was '97-8.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Thank you very much.

the condition is quiet good but is it worth for 150$?
      Jackson pickups on

Comment

Sure, it's worth that.
        I'd pay as high as $300 for a mint one, but they can be had in North America on craigslist for very little occasionally.

They'd have sold for $400-450 new back then. There's no '97 pricelist, but the '98 pricelist says MSRP $625 solid colours, $675 trans colours in '98.

The PS6T was introduced in '97 and Performers were discontinued after 2000.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Cool thanks,

Will try to get it then

Comment

Everyone always forgets they were built in India as well. I had a PS3 Rhoads that was indeed built in India and the serial number started with a 1.
            Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

An Indian Performer is something I've only heard about from your thread, VoiceX3. So, considering out of the literally hundreds if not thousands of guitars I've seen I can see no confirmation on an Indian Performer.

Same with the half dozen Indian serials I've seen on DK2's of which some had Japanese stamps in the pocket.

100% of Indian serials I've seen were date coded with the first 2 or 4 digits...how would 1xxxxxx play into that?
              Last edited by Mudlark; 04-28-2017, 02:35 PM.

Comment

I don't know if you intended your comment to be taking a shot at me, but I have been here a LOOOOONG time and do know what I'm talking about. Why would I make this up? I only post here when I have something relevant to share. I have been playing Jacksons a long time as well and did own one of the very first Performer Rhoads, and it did come with a made in India sticker on the back of the neck down by the bolt on neck joint. Bought it right off the wall at Guitar Center. I am indeed confirming it. They existed, and I lost mine in the flood a couple years back. Unfortunately I do not have pics of the back of the guitar. The size of the dot inlays were smaller than Korea and Japan, and they were further apart at the 12th.
                Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Not a shot at all. I'm very familiar with your work as I've gone through the serial threads countless times. I took to serials back around 2012 and much of my info comes from those threads.

My point is simply after all these years I've never seen nor heard of another even though I'm on many forums daily offering serial info. I'm obsessed with them.

There's a handful of DK2's with the exact same situation. Indian serials all from '00-'1. I managed to get only 2-3 owners to remove the necks and check for stamps and they had MIJ stamps. I've never seen an Indian pocket with useful or legible stamps.

With only one example I've got no choice but to question it, but I don't doubt you had what you say.

You're saying it was pre-Korean? As in late '94 into '95? That would make them the first Indian models since '96-7 is the earliest Indian serial documented on here.

I'm open to change my mind. Any new info would be happily accepted if it can be proven. I'd need a lot more than one example to change my mind.
                  I could only offer useless theories as to why it had an Indian number same with the DK2's.
                  Last edited by Mudlark; 05-01-2017, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X