NGD: Jackson Pro Series Sig Mansoor Juggernaut HT6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Jackson Pro Series Sig Mansoor Juggernaut HT6

Saw this at NAMM and liked the way it felt and looked and noticed the Made in Indonesia sticker on it. I watched the videos on Jackson's site with Misha Mansoor playing the pro series ones...wasn't too impressed by the tone...but thought maybe that's his amp set up, as the USA ones with bare knuckle pickups also had a similar tone...and I have other bare knuckle model pickups that sound great. I found a Pro Series gray blem for a good price and took a chance on it.

I'm very impressed. Build quality is very good, nut slot cuts were done very well (so strings are at perfect height above 1st fret), bridge adjusted very well for string height/neck radius curve, neck relief correct, great action, intonation almost spot on. The Jackson HT bridge is good quality. The ebony on the fingerboard is also good quality. Neck shape/feel great and the pickups (thru my rig) sound really, really good (I like the Jackson MM1 bridge distortion tone better than the Dimarzio Super Distortion that came in my new DK24).

I also have an Indonesian made Chris Broderick Pro Series Sig that I like a lot....These new offerings from Jackson from Indonesia are pretty good!

I love a happy story.
    Of the 2-3 hands on reviews I remember hearing on this model I think most/all weren't favourable for one reason or another.
    Indonesian guitars seem to split the crowd 70% favourable, 30% unimpressed.

I've still not touched an Indo or Mexican locally.

Aside from an A+ perfectly cut nut on an Ibanez RGA520 the plastic on my last 3-4 imports ranged from C+ to fail.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Congrats! These are pretty cool models. Glad you got good one!

Comment

Pics... or it didn't happen!
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Grats and glad you like it!
          I haven't played one but I really like the look. Looks comfortable with all those contours too. I didn't know they were MII though, that's a little disappointing, I had assumed since they're bolt on it would be MIM, but I'd still like to check out one of the 7s in person
          I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Pics from the Reverb listing I purchased:

Comment

They're a lean mean looking machine. Kinda' has that Jackson Extreme Series vibe.

[IMG][/IMG]
              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by MountainDog View Post
                Quartersawn maple neck on an Indonesian model? That is a nice feature.

Comment

Love that color!
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Man that looks awesome! I'll add one to my stable eventually. Had a chance to play one this weekend and the size, shape, and contours are perfect. Super comfy guitar, exactly how I thought it would be. I didn't get a chance to crank it since I was at GC but the pickups weren't anything to complain about from what I heard. I love the tone bypass and volume placement as well.
                    I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Congrats, that looks great. Surprised to see that it was made by Cort. Most Pros are Samick. Regardless, it looks very well put together.

Comment

It does look quarter sawn.

Comment

That's a beautiful looking guitar. Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                          X