Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2 MIJ Jacksons. Fusion Pro and JRR-94

Pics first!

So I've had these guitars for a long time and just recently started to appreciate them again. My the V was a 16th b day present from my parents. A couple of years ago I decided to put a new pickup in it and it sounds monstrous. Note the 93 serial number. It must have been made in 93 and shipped in 94?

The blue one I bought in college and was my main gigging guitar. I never knew it was a Fusion Pro until I tried to figure out more about it. I think whoever owned it originally must have wanted a soloist really bad ha. Because it doesn't have the scoop in the lower cutaway and it has one of the nicest ebony boards I've ever seen, I'm betting it was a sunburst fusion Pro that someone decided to paint blue. The jobs was done really well. I'm not sure if there's an easy way to tell if it has a figured maple top or not. It is a bright sounding guitar. I recently changed the schaller base plate since the saddle intonation holes were stripped and the knife edges made it slip. Been pretty solid since. I'd be interested to hear the boards thoughts on this guitar!

Happy to finally join here and thought I'd share my old Jacksons. I have the JDR 94 coming Wed as long as UPS doesn't botch it up. I'll bump my other thread when that comes in.

-John

That's how to take photos! What kind of camera do I need to do that?

Unless there were Fusions without the bevel on solid colours a refin would be a logical guess.
    Those Concepts were released at Christmas '93.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Thanks Mudlark! I used an iPhone 6 and natural light to take the photos. I used to do photography but I no longer have an SLR so the phone has to do. My whole objective with photos is always to fill up the frame and get as close as you can ha. Natural light is always the best.

On another board somone said it has to be a refin since there were no solid colors without the scoop. I guess the only way to tell would be to scrape off part of the finish. Probably not worth it.

I Guess the V was an early one. I'm wondering if the serial number meant that was 625 V made or the 625 concept series made. They must have been cranking them out if they did that many in December!

Comment

Those '93 Concepts could've been made in September or anytime I suppose. Not sure about the digits at the end of those or other serials and their meaning. As long as I've been watching them I may've been able to see a pattern indicating whether they're units made, or a month + units made, or something else. The year was my main concern.

I've seen people try to decode some of the many different serial formats, but no one has done it yet.
        I'd guess most are just units made, though some formats may indicate the month, possibly day.
        Last edited by Mudlark; 03-27-2017, 03:19 AM.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Ah good points! I never really thought about format past the year. I suppose a month may be possible. I'm glad I posted the numbers.

Comment

As long as its the original body- and no reason to think it's not- It's a refin and you'll find some sort of trans-worthy top under there.

I'd get the paint off the neck too- doubt you'd leave it if you're taking off the body paint- Fusions Pros have killer necks. I actually have one that has its neck painted as well and it doesn't get as much playing time as a result.

i have no experience with the concepts but I do have a bunch of fusion pros. They're terrific. Really top notch.

Comment

Nice! Sorry, just got your PM, but see you figured out how to post pics. BTW, those locking nut pads on your Fusion are wrong. They should be facing vertical and not horizontal.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
                As long as its the original body- and no reason to think it's not- It's a refin and you'll find some sort of trans-worthy top under there.

I'd get the paint off the neck too- doubt you'd leave it if you're taking off the body paint- Fusions Pros have killer necks. I actually have one that has its neck painted as well and it doesn't get as much playing time as a result.

i have no experience with the concepts but I do have a bunch of fusion pros. They're terrific. Really top notch.
                right now I'm probably not going to strip it as the finish doesn't impede playability at all but I'm definitely curious. I agree they are pure quality. Does anyone know if they used veneers or thick tops on these? Im guessing veneer but I'm not sure.

Eventually I hope to own a US Jackson but I'm not unhappy with the quality of these.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  Nice! Sorry, just got your PM, but see you figured out how to post pics. BTW, those locking nut pads on your Fusion are wrong. They should be facing vertical and not horizontal.
                  Hey Thanks man. Yeah I played around a bit more and figured it out.

You know I must have done that last string change and not even realized it. Good catch. I'm going to be putting it back to E standard soon so I'll fix the nut locks. Thanks!

Edit: Btw love the sig! At the Gates? One of my favorite albums. Also noticed you're in Jersey. I live in Bergen county.
                  Last edited by Decoy205; 03-27-2017, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Cool. Yep, At The Gates. I'm in Middlesex County.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      Cool. Yep, At The Gates. I'm in Middlesex County.

Comment

Jacksons in Action

I thought I'd share what these two sound like. It's just scratch tracks of a song I'm working on so sorry for the sloppiness. The first half of the song is the V and the 2nd half is the Fusion. No bass yet.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jsabnw8t48...28.17.m4a?dl=0

Comment

Sounds good, nice riffage.

Comment

Hey Thanks for checking it out Mudlark!

Comment

Working...
                            X