Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 Jackson Professional

Hi all,

I have a early 1990's Jackson Professional. Serial number is J000184. Its neck thru with trem. A Pearl White finish. Shark inlays. Jackson hardshell case. She is in near pristine condition. The binding has yellowed from age but that is really about it.

Can you give me any more information on this guitar? If I were to sell her, what would the value be on her?
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by longfxukxnhair; 02-06-2017, 10:20 AM.

Seems your post got lost...this is the first I've seen it.
    That's a top of the line import from 1990. Soloist PRO.
    Value is tough on anything these days because a patient buyer can find some remarkably cheap guitars these days.

In pristine condition I'd ballpark it $8-1200...which is the range they sold for new in most cases. That's my opinion and others may differ. A motivated buyer may pay more. USA's can be had in the $1000 range nowadays, so the competition is tough.

Those '90-'95 Jackson PRO's with the pearl logo/Schaller tremolo/ quatersawn neck/ ebony board had near identical specs as the USA's of that era. They have a great reputation because of their quality.

Here's some literature on those models:

http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/jack...p#proconftable
    Last edited by Mudlark; 02-08-2017, 04:26 PM.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Thank Mudlark for the info.

Correct me if I am wrong but I have read that the only difference between this and its USA counterpart were the electronics. It has been said that the electronics in the Japanese models were cheap.

I am considering selling this guitar. I hate to do it but I have my eye on something else. GAS sucks. I am trying to figure out how I can keep this but the guitar I want is a bit pricey.

This guitar is in pristine condition. I bought it from an older woman who was a jazz player. when I pulled the plastic cover off the battery compartment, it was in immaculate condition. I bought it in a heartbeat.

Comment

According to my info the 1990 USA Soloist and the PRO had near identical pickups/electronics. I'm pretty much certain if there was a difference between USA and PRO electronics the PRO's wouldn't have poor quality hardware. The '90-'91 catalogue says they use the same electronics, but I can't confirm that.

The only difference I see in the catalogue is a J50BC bridge pup in the USA and a J50C in the PRO. Everything else appears identical. Since catalogues contain errors and I'm no expert on electronics/pups I can't confirm any of this.

http://support.jacksonguitars.com/ca...91_catalog.pdf

I should say that selling here is against the rules unless you're a paid member. There's a classifieds for selling/buying.

The used guitar market is flooded with great deals, so selling at a comfortable price may take lots of patience.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
          According to my info the 1990 USA Soloist and the PRO had near identical pickups/electronics. I'm pretty much certain if there was a difference between USA and PRO electronics the PRO's wouldn't have poor quality hardware. The '90-'91 catalogue says they use the same electronics, but I can't confirm that.

The only difference I see in the catalogue is a J50BC bridge pup in the USA and a J50C in the PRO. Everything else appears identical. Since catalogues contain errors and I'm no expert on electronics/pups I can't confirm any of this.

http://support.jacksonguitars.com/ca...91_catalog.pdf

I should say that selling here is against the rules unless you're a paid member. There's a classifieds for selling/buying.

The used guitar market is flooded with great deals, so selling at a comfortable price may take lots of patience.
          Thanks for all your help.
          Its not likely that I would sell this here. I hate shipping guitars. I got screwed once by UPS and havent shipped a guitar since. Besides, it cuts into the profit.

Comment

That is basically identical to my '92 Soloist Pro, with the exception being that mine has the much hotter J50M pickup. It is my new favorite Jackson pickup, followed by the faithful J50BC. The MIJ Pros are top o' the line instruments!!

I'd ask $1100 with wiggle room down to say $950-$1000. I personally have no need to sell mine, but if I did, I wouldn't take a penny under $1000.
            '95 Charvel San Dimas USA Model I Koa - BKP
            '91 Charvel 650 Custom - EMG 85/SLV/SLV+SPC
            '92 Jackson Soloist Pro MIJ
            '91 Charvel 475 Exotic Cherry Sunburst - Duncan PATB set
            '90 Charvel 475 XL
            '10 Charvel San Dimas MIJ Style 1 2H - JB/'59
            Mesa Boogie Quad Preamp/Stereo Simul-Class 2:90
            Mesa Boogie MkIII+ Simul-Class & MkIVb with Mark Series stack
            Marshall JVM410H

Comment

Thanks for the input Black Shadow

Comment