Import dinky reverse headstock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import dinky reverse headstock

Trying to get some info on a import dinky with reverse headstock. Serial number is 311211672. Any info would be greatly appeciated

Here's the pic. Is this a DK3? Description is stock and incorrect. Has duncan designed pickups. Is $200 reasonable?

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/msg/5983602079.html

Comment

Here is a link to the guitar. Stock description probably pulled off the internet and not accurate. Pickups are Duncan designed not Seymour Duncan. Is $200 reasonable?

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/msg/5983602079.html

Comment

Not a DK3, as those have standard headstock and H/S/H pickup configuration.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That's a DX10D. I'd say from the unlogo'd tremolo that it's a 2000-1 Indian model.

That's not a Jackson serial. What's up with neck plate, is that a stickered serial number? That generally happens on guitars sold as manufacturer refurbished models.

Find out if it's a sticker and confirm the number.

$200 would be a good price. If it were Japanese it might fetch as much as $300 in great shape, but that's being hopeful in todays market.

I expect the plate is blank, but ask if there's a number under the sticker. Those stickers usually go on the headstock and a blank plate is attached.
          Last edited by Mudlark; 02-01-2017, 06:19 PM.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Any idea what this would have sold for new?

Comment

The earliest price I have available is for 2006 in which MSRP was $642 USD for a trans finish, so street price would've been between $4-500 I expect. In the early 2000's probably closer to $400 street, but these are ballpark street prices I'm guesstimating.
              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Researching this I found if the Tremolo is JT800 it is from India and JT850 it is from Japan? Is that accurate? Seems the India ones are to be avoided? Or if it is functional and I can get it for 200 or less it is worth it. I just play as a hobby and want to try it out. Probably play for a few months and then try something else. Want to be able to get a decent resale value. Is this a JT800? JT850? Or something else?

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2a6w...9#.WJOBFWQrIsk

Comment

Based on this pic can you tell if this is a JT500 or JT580? JT500 is India and 580 is Japan?

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2a6woqx&s=9

Comment

That's the JT500, so India is likely, but check the serial to be sure.
                    The JT500-India, JT580-Japan is generally the way it works to my knowledge. There may be exceptions, not sure.

The 500's don't have a great reputation, but I'd guess some were useful if used lightly. I guess you could block it if it became a problem and it had no issues other than tuning issues.

In todays market getting $200 for an Indian or Japanese Jackson will require luck. The market is flooded with great deals.

Comment

After a little haggling I was able to pick this up for $160. Now that I have this in my possession is there anything else I should be looking at that could help me identify it? I don't see a serial number anywhere. How do I know this is a DXD10 versus a DR3?

Comment

If it's the guitar I was looking at earlier, there no doubt it's a DX10D.
                        There's zero chance it's a DR3. Simply google image the two models and you'll clearly see the differences.

As I said earlier, it's probably a manufacturer refurbished model that had a sticker serial attached along with a blank plate. The sticker must have been removed.

If you're not certain, post some pics of the guitar.

Comment

Working...
                        X