RRXT vs Stars BN-03 STB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RRXT vs Stars BN-03 STB

So... There is a Jackson Randy Rhoads RRXT guitar on the official site: http://jacksonguitars.com/guitars/rh...d-satin-black/.

Basswood, rosewood, mapple neck, Duncan Designed humbuckers, strings through body, bolt-on. She's a beauty, no doubt.
    That reminds me of my 2006 japaneese Jackson Stars RR BN03 STB.
    There she is:

Actually I think they are exactly the same. Tone knob keeps falling off, but I don't need it much so it's not on the picture, and I replaced those horrible Duncan Designed pickups with Seymour Duncan SH2+SH4, because even JS32's "Jackson" pickups were far better but still kinda messy, so don't mind that. Otherwise these guitars are EXACTLY the same. Except for the frets. In the specs by the link in the beginning of the post it says: Number of frets - 24. But, hmmm, eather site is wrong or the photo on the site is wrong, or my eyes are wrong but I clearly see 22 frets on the site's photo of RRXT

If the photo is correct and it's just a typo in specs, then, well, is RRXT just the same guitar as Stars BN03? Does someone own RRXT or, by fortune, both of them to compare? Is RRXT also made in Japan? Which is better in terms of build quality and stuff like that?

Even if you don't own any of them, I still would appreciate any opinion on the subject.
    Last edited by Bocha; 01-21-2017, 12:59 PM.
    Jackson JS30RR
    Jackson Stars RR-BN03 STB
    In soviet Russia...

The RRXT is 22 frets.

The obvious differences would be neck thru vs bolt on...and binding vs no binding.

Hardware and electronics may be different. Take one of your tuners off and see if it's stamped 'Japan' indicating Gotoh.
    The tuners on the RRXT are probably Korean same as my imports.

I don't know about the RR BN03 STB, but basswood was used on some of the bolt on Stars models same as the RRXT.

Quality? That may depend on which two examples you're comparing. I expect they both have the capability of being made well, but Japanese guitars have a great reputation for their quality control.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Thanks Mudlark. I'm obviously blind and stupid, I could count frets but somehow missed that RRXT is neck-through. No further questions.
      Jackson JS30RR
      Jackson Stars RR-BN03 STB
      In soviet Russia...

Comment

Working...
      X