Import king v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import king v

I picked up an import king v for stupid cheap and i was hoping someone could date it for me. The serial number is 002120 stamped into the neck. What year and value please

The serial number decoder here makes it a 90 professional. Am I correct? I only ask because it doesn't say professional and when I tried to sell it a few people 1 guitar sites told me it was a 2002 a little help would be appreciated

Comment

Mudlark will be along shortly to help. The man is like a walking encyclopedia of Jackson guitars. He is like a bloodhound... one whiff of an obscure scent (clue/description) and he can track down anything.

For the rest of us mere mortals, photos of your guitar would help. Upload your photos to a free hosting website like Photobucket and copy/paste the links here. Or at least share more description about your guitar. Neckthru? Bolt-on? What does the headstock say? Fretboard wood? Binding? Hardware? Etc. Seeing a model for itself helps to narrow down the date range of manufacture.

Comment

Assuming there's no 'Professional' logo on the headstock I'd say it's a KV4 made in Japan in late 2000. A 1990 neck thru would have a Jxxxxxx serial. The 'J' prefix was gone by the 2000's.

I'd put the value for an early 2000's Japanese neck thru at $5-600 in good shape with a case same as an SL3 or RR5 from that era.

Here's the 2001 catalogue...the first year the KV4 was offered.
        http://support.jacksonguitars.com/ca...01_catalog.pdf
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

http://s1266.photobucket.com/user/Ja...tml?sort=1&o=2

Comment

http://s1266.photobucket.com/user/Ja...tml?sort=1&o=0

Comment

Not sure if the images posted. I can email. I would like to trade it for something less pointy/floydy but don't want to cheat anyone or myself

Comment

Is it not the KV4? Did you check the catalogue and/or google Jackson KV4 for pics?

Pics need to be loaded on a site such as tinypic, photobucket etc., and then copy the link here.
                96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Did that with Photobucket pending approval

Comment

Cool. Appears to be a kv4 in trans red with stock jbs

Comment

I can't find a Jackson price list for the years that showed the KV4. Using the price of a similar neck thru pro series model such as the RR5 or SL3, MSRP should've been in the $1200-1400 range in 2001 for a trans finish KV4...give or take a hundred or so. So, street price in North America probably would've been $8-1000 ballpark.

Prices are hard to dictate for many reasons, but I'd personally put it in the range of $500-good condition, $600-excellent condition.

Comment

Working...
                      X