Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JS32 King V - Cheap Chinese Junk or A Lot of Bang for the Buck ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
    Id guess it'd be easier sanding wood than metal if​ you don't have some sort of grinder?
    Less effort I guess than sanding or filing down metal. But working on the nut is less risky and easier to fix if something goes wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarkid8 View Post
      I'm not sure the nut would still clamp properly if the slots were ground, most of the slots on the fr nut are almost flush with the metal. and it would be hard to smooth out the cuts and burrs would be a problem.
      Exactly. I noticed that after some googling pics.

Originally posted by wrldeatr7 View Post
      But working on the nut is less risky and easier to fix if something goes wrong.
      Definitely.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I got my son a JS RR about a year ago, not bad for the money, the pick ups are not bad, the neck is a little thin for my hands, but still very playable. I checked out the Kelly to see how the Floyd was on the JS series are. I want to try out one of the Warriors, but no one has them in stock in my area. After reading what you guys said here about the Warriors I may just have to put in some over time & order one! Great score & review
        According To The Prophecy

Comment

For beginners they're excellent. For live and pro use, I'd say not.

I had a 7 string SLAT-X-MG a while back. I returned it after a few days; the build quality was just terrible. Stripped screws all over the place, bad fretwork, pickups were bollocks.

The Broederick 7 string I got on import is much better. The electronics all needed replacing after about 9 months of use simply as they weren't very good and kept crapping out. A good guitar otherwise.

Comment

I wouldn't write off a whole series based on one guitar.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Smoking sale at Guitar Center right now, $100 off, Jackson JS34Q-M for $249.99.

Comment

Looking nice for the price!
                JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Update on this one. After a few days of humid weather, the fret ends started popping out and the output jack keeps coming loose. It still plays reasonably well and I think these guitars are decent for the money but............. if you're not on an entry level budget, I think I would pass on the JS Series guitars. The ones at Guitar Center are significantly worse than this one from what I've seen. I can't really complain, these are inexpensive guitars. I went ahead and flipped the V.

Comment

What would cause that do you suppose? I mean all necks move a little in temperature/humidity swings, but to make the frets pop out?

I'd theorize the wood swelled from the moisture and pushed them up, but wow. Improperly glued?

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                      What would cause that do you suppose? I mean all necks move a little in temperature/humidity swings, but to make the frets pop out?

I'd theorize the wood swelled from the moisture and pushed them up, but wow. Improperly glued?
                      Every single JS Series guitar I have ever picked up at Guitar Center had sharp fret ends. It's a matter of cheap wood shrinking and expanding with humidity. This is not limited to cheap guitars. I have a USA neck-thru BC Rich that does this and a high dollar Ibanez Prestige that does the same thing. I have never ever seen a USA Jackson do this.

Comment

While not near as extreme as your situation an odd thing about my MIJ and USA models is my quarter sawn SL2HT requires frequent truss adjustments and my flat sawn DKMGT neck almost never needs one.

Wood is definitely an inconsistent thing.

Comment

Working...
                        X