Strange Import Logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Import Logo

Can anyone recall a Japanese model, possibly Japanese market only, that had something similar to 'Top' or 'Top Shot' logo'd on the headstock along with the Jackson logo?
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

I too saw that post on Facebook, and am also left mystified. :dunno:

Comment

For some reason I have this feeling there were guitars with weird logos other the Team GJ, Stars and Grover Jackson.

Yeah, that's a strange guitar. I don't think I've seen the body before...it appears to be an archtop? It looks legit, but it may be a mutt.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Looks to be a regular (as in non-low-profile) JT580 tremolo. Wish we had a closer look at the headstock. The extra writing could be read "Top", or more amusingly, "Fap".

Comment

The belly contour looks huge.

Comment

..but I did google some '90s Jacksons with that large contour.

Comment

I'm almost certain after some thought that I've seen a strange logo on a Jackson before. I clearly remember saying to myself how cheesy whatever was written sounded.

Comment

Pretty sure it's "Jap", maybe it got cut off or something. Is the trem spring cover recessed? Can't tell.

Comment

saw the same post..it looks odd..in a good way.

Comment

Hey, better to be a top than a bottom, right?

Comment

Comment

Saw another today. Looks like it just says 'Top' on the headstock. Since the guitar is arch topped it may refer to that.

Neck pocket stamps say JDR AT 199?.. mid-late '90s for sure, neck says JDR NR PL. Owner called it a JDR NR Plus. Odd that a Jackson Dinky Reverse would have a non-reverse headstock, no?
                        Anyhow, I have a strong feeling these weren't released in the US or Canada.

Comment

Stealth Fap

We've all had one of those, right.
                          http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

I can't say 'Fap' didn't run through my mind while trying to figure out the logo.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre View Post
                              Stealth Fap

We've all had one of those, right.
                              This is a Stealth Fap (but it was detected )

Comment

Working...
                              X