jackson rrxmg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackson rrxmg

i'm thinking about buying one of those x series RR since im looking for a 24 fret RR
    i used to own a JS32 but the neck dive on that guitar actually ruined everything for me
    i know that basswood is a light wood, therefore will it suffer the same neckdive issue?
    anyone has experience with this guitar?
    a bit off topic, the Ofr is a direct swap for the FR special in this model right?

Yes, the Floyd Rose Special is identical in dimensions to the Original Floyd Rose and is a direct swap. However, the only differences are that the Special has zinc alloy saddles (instead of steel) and a zinc alloy sustain block (instead of brass). Really, just swap those components and you essentially have a fully functional "OFR".

Comment

What about the neckdive issue on rrxmg?
      im considering between the x series RR and the pro series king V but prefer the look of the RR more

Comment

I've never played a Rhoads that wasn't a tad neck heavy.
        Actually, I only play Soloists/Dinkys because of the balance problems with the pointy Jackson models.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Planning to get a good strap to counter the neckdive but i have no idea what to getCan u guys suggest some?

Comment

I have a few guitars that suffer from neck dive and the straps that I have found to assist with this are:

1. a Levy's acrylic strap : which they don't seem to make any more
            2. a Levy's polypropelene like this : http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/c...ne/item/68780/
            3. the Mono Betty strap : http://monocreators.com/the-betty-black-short/ , which is quite honestly the greatest strap I have every bought

Comment

Originally posted by leviwhite1 View Post
              i know that basswood is a light wood
              My Adrian Smith SDX taught me otherwise, but 'in general' you are correct

As for an RR not being neck heavy? Forget it, on a neckthrough, relocating the strapbutton is not an option, a good strap that doesn't slip will alleviate the problem to some extent though
              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I had two RR1T models. They weren't neck heavy.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I should've mentioned I've never played an import Rhoads that wasn't a tad neck heavy...keeping in line with the RRXMG in the post.
                  I've actually never played a USA Rhoads.
                  96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I've never played a neck-through Rhoads that was neck heavy. Maybe I've been lucky, but I've never had a better balancing guitar than a USA Rhoads, and never had a problem with the RR24 either.
                    https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

That's a good point. The Rhoads I found to have balance issues were import bolt ons..RR3 and JS series.
                      I've never tried the neck thrus, so the RRXMG may be fine.
                      Last edited by Mudlark; 11-25-2016, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Floyd Rose Specials are total garbage. Right down to the screws. I also remember someone on a forum who did a Special > OFR swap and had to file down the new R3 nut as the Special nut i about 1mm taller. Also the model up 1000 series are not great either. I have owned all and IMO the only ones worth having are OFR (made by Schaller) and Schaller (even with the zinc baseplate and hardened steel inserts).

Comment

Working...
                        X