Jackson Performer PS-2 information.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Performer PS-2 information.

I have a Jackson Performer that I bought off of a friend 8 years ago, recently been trying to find out where and when it was made. Clearly Jackson's serial numbers are tricky to figure out and i have yet to see anyone with a serial number similar. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it the serial number is - 0000798.

thank you,

Invader_zim

Pull the neck off and look on the heel and neck pocket.
    It will give you the model and year it was made.

Japanese built PS-2 had a 7 digit serial that started with a 9 and Korean built guitars started with a 1.
    There are rumors that some Korean units got a 7 digit serial that started with a 0.
    Yours may be one of them.
    -Rick

Comment

Yeah, that's not a common Jackson serial for a Performer. I can't remember if I've seen a Korean number or not with the 0xxxxxx format, but this indeed may be one.

There're conflicting reports about when the Korean Performers were made and when the Japanese Performers were made, but they were made from 1995-2000.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Easy way to tell where a dot neck Charvel/Jackson was made is if the 12th fret dots are close together like USA guitars, it was made in Japan. If they are far apart, it was made somewhere else.

So if yours are far apart it will be Korea for this guitar.

Comment

Working...
        X