Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson DK2 OCT PRL Model- Have you heard about it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson DK2 OCT PRL Model- Have you heard about it?

Hi. I have never heard about a DK2 OCT PRL model in orange color, SD pick ups. A guy in Mexico is selling one for 378 USD with original case. What can you tell me about it? is a japanese one? There´s few information in the web. click FB link below, thanks in advance. https://www.facebook.com/groups/4673...53416224713681

https://scontent-dft4-1.xx.fbcdn.net...5c&oe=58526A13

Yup, made in Japan around 2009. That finish was only available for a couple years or thereabouts.
    With the case I'd call $378 a good price for a guitar that functions properly. Used DK2's can be had in Canada and the US for around $300 quite regularly, but the case is well worth $78. They sold for around $800 with the case back then...MSRP around $1300.

Those Pro series Japanese guitars have serious potential. A good one can hold it's own with a model 4x the price.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Excuse me, i´m not an english native speaker, what MSRP means? Thanks for comment.

Comment

Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price. This price rarely, if ever, is paid by customers in Canada and the US for guitars. We pay a 'street price', which is usually around 20-30% less than MSRP.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

As Mudlark commented, these were a DK2 run from around 2009 with typical DK2 specs made in Japan. They were originally a hss configuration and came with Seymour Duncans. The color was only offered for a couple years. Near the end of the run, they offered a DK2T version with 2 humbuckers. I've been keeping my eyes open for one of the DK2T models. For $378 with a case seems like a decent price if it's in good shape. I've never seen one in person but have heard the color is very cool to see and much better than the pics show. Here's a pics of each of the models.

Comment

Working...
          X