NGD: RR Professional Pro 1995

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: RR Professional Pro 1995

I've been looking for a 90's Professional Pro Jackson's (and MIJ Charvel's from late 80's/early 90's) every now and then. I used to own Fusion Pro, so I knew they were quality guitars. The prices have risen quite a bit, probably because those are wanted stuff nowadays. I wanted to have a Ferrari Red or Pearl Yellow one, but it really seems that no one wants to sell those.

I found this one from craigslist (actually pointed by user AAEA, thanks!). It's a black RR Professional Pro from 1995. That would be the last year they made this, as they discontinued this series the same year. At first I wasn't so sure because of the color, but since it was quite good deal I thought to give it a go. I think it tells enough of the price when I say that I paid less including shipping and customs than they usually go in Finland, not to mention Ebay or Reverb.

So, the guitar arrived today. First some unpacking, and then...

The headstock is looking as it should:

There it is in all it's glory! I've always thought that the all black color in Rhoads ain't that nice, but seeing this in person changed my mind. It really looks cool!

The serial indicates this might be one of the last ones ever made.

Loving the MOP logo.

Picture of neck joint for people who like to look neck joints. I think it's a bit different compared to my '01 Custom RR.

The sharkies and the fretboard. Looks smooth!

Looking good on the sofa...

...looking even better with it's American cousin, RR2867:

Photo of headstocks for people who like to look at headstocks:

The guitar feels and plays great after changing fresh strings. The bridge pickup is J50M (according to catalog), which I've never heard of. Quite close to the J-50BC still. It feels like the JE1200 boosts more the lower frequencies than the mid range. The neck is a bit thinner than in my RR2867. The JT-590 doesn't feel so sturdy and solid compared to OFR which I have in my RR2867. Might be because the OFR is quite new and the JT-590 seems to be original one.

I've been thinking of changing golden hardware to this one, but I have to think about it. It sure looks cool already! At least I'm going to install pickup covers.
    Last edited by mungiisi; 07-26-2016, 11:17 PM.

Congrats, nice score! Love the Custom RR, too!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Very nice score.

Comment

Both are beautiful guitars!

Comment

Glad to see you got it. I thought it was a crazy deal too. and a great $125 case too.

Comment

now does it have the JE-1000 and if so does it work?

Comment

Everyone NEEDS a black Rhoads...or two.

Comment

Originally posted by AAEA View Post
                now does it have the JE-1000 and if so does it work?
                It has the stock JE1200. Don't know if this tape is original?

The J50M + JE1200 sounds quite good. Pretty close to the J50BC+JE1000, which I have on RR2867. The Pro plays like a killer. I really like the neck.

Comment

cool, looks nice and clean in there.

Comment

Working...
                  X