kelly xl or kelly standared ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kelly xl or kelly standared ???

what is the better quality Kelly ? the standard or the xl or xlr version , I'm looking to get one but need to get some advise from the experts here , thanks for any and all info !!!!

XL has MoP Sharkies and binding which the standard lacks
    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Quality shouldn't be any different...same factory, same workers, same time period. '93ish-'95ish.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Yeah, they're about the same. My first Jackson in the early '90s was a Kelly Standard. I later owned a Kelly XLR.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

both are pretty good. the XL and XLR has: shark fin inlays, quartersawn maple neck, and is bound. everything else is the same

Comment

thanks for the input guys , I'm looking for an xl or an xlr if I can find one in decent shape , the xlr on ebay is beat all to hell and he still wants 300 for it and its a local pickup only ...... CHEERS !!!

Comment

The ps6 is bout the same as the standard professional and is probably cheaper. That's the performer series.
              I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

if any one has an xl or xlr for sale in good to great condition please let me know , I found a couple that had some shitty mods done to them and wanted more than they are worth , thanks again

Comment

how about one of this nature

http://used.samashmusic.com/item.php?id=59370

Comment

Originally posted by AAEA View Post
                    That's a nice older KE3.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by schrockertherocker View Post
                      what is the better quality Kelly ? the standard or the xl or xlr version , I'm looking to get one but need to get some advise from the experts here , thanks for any and all info !!!!
                      I have both the Standard and the XL both are great choices and very little differences as already stated. I saw that XLR on evilbay, that'd be a great player @ 300 bucks and that's about it.
                      \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

I live 45 miles from the one on ebay but want one in way better shape, and he wont budge on the price so we will see, ill keep looking for now , id rather stick with the xl series, they seem to be a bit better from what im hearing,

Comment

Did the kelly xl come in a putple finish in 94 ? I may have found one but not sure if its a parts mutt |

Comment

Yes. It was DMV. Can't recall what DM is... Deep Metallic? Dark Metallic?, but, the V is violet. There's a pic in the '94-5 catalogue on the official Jackson website.
                            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
                            X