Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck for Jackson Warrior

Hi all,

I stumbled upon this body for sale and thought it would be a nice project guitar. Claimed to be a 1996 body.
    Can any of you point me in the right direction to find a suitable jackson neck?

Thanks!

Creating a Guitar Telegram Group (in English) Guitar Telegram Group

Looks like an early 2000's WRXT in trans blue. There were no import Warriors in '96, but the owner probably saw the 96xxxxx serial and assumed (like most people) it was a '96.

Most Jackson necks should fit as they are mostly 2 1/4 inch heels, but be careful with the 'Performer' logo'd headstock necks as some had a 2 3/16 heel.

Are there no date stamps in the neck pocket? Japanese models should have date/model stamps.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Thank you very much for these infos!Here is a pick of the back. I suppose that also some charvel necks should fit, am I right?I really don't know much about these Warriors, but I think it could be a fun instrument with a floyd rose and a couple of hot pickups.

Comment

That's a nice body. The Warrior is a great shape, very comfortable to play. This should be a fun project.

Comment

Here are the pics of the neck pocket. Is there any more info we can get with these?

Comment

Pretty much any 24 fret Jackson neck should fit.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

1998 XT I think, according to the stamp (you can barely see a 98).

Any 24 fret Jackson or Charvel neck made between 1996-2003 should fit fine, though later necks may be either too wide or too narrow, depending on whether the neck is painted or has a glossy clearcoat. Satin finished necks will do just fine.

Be aware you will need the correct neck bolts: the front bolts should be shorter than the rear bolts because the pocket is angled, otherwise you'll punch through to the board.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Pocket says WXT for WRXT.

Since it has the Japanese type date/model stamps, we can pretty much confirm it's made in Japan. Of the many Indian model neck pockets I've seen on here and elsewhere, they only have scribble and/or indecipherable markings/numbers in the pocket. The X series moved from India to Japan circa 2001.

The date stamp appears to read 2002- 11- 28... 2002 Nov. 28.
                96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
                X