9820336 DXMG Bridge Pulling Up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9820336 DXMG Bridge Pulling Up?

Just bought this guitar, I don't believe this is how the Floyd should look? Just changed the strings and found this. Is it normal, a problem easily fixed, or an expensive doorstop?

Looks like the wood might be cracked a little around the stud. It needs to be glued back in there so the pivot post will not be pulling it up.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

see if you can tap it back down. if its loose just give it a little glue

Comment

Loosen the strings, pull the bushing/post out, put some glue in the hole, and then tap the bushing back in.
        Wipe off any excess glue. Be careful not to get glue on the threads.
        -Rick

Comment

I've had this happen before. Used Gorilla wood glue and haven't had a problem since.

Comment

Yup, just get a qtip and dab a good bit on the inside, slide post in, wipe off excess, let it cure. Done.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

[QUOTE=guitarkid8]

As mentioned, the bore was cracked, don't know if the picture picked it up or not. The hole was not oval, so I used some KrazyGlue in the bottom. Without thinkih, I flipped the guitar around and had excess glue out of the bolt hole running all over the guitar. 30 minutes and some acetone later I had the body all cleaned up, and cleared out the (now) contaminated threads for the post bolt. Cleaned off the acetone and the rest of the guitar with some naphtha and a little boiled linseed oil for the fretboard. Leveled out the bridge, didn't have time to do anything else. Not pretty by any means, but I didn't buy it for looks.

Anyone know what year the 9820336 serial places the guitar. I know it's 04 or newer because it was only available in black until '03. Also, anyone know the last year of the MG series? I remember buying a new one back in
              07/08. Perhaps it corresponds to the end of the MIJ guitars?

Comment

Working...
              X