Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to make of this pic?

So here's a pic Jackson has posted.

Nothing fancy. Just some Demmelitions in the making...except the power outlet sticker is in Spanish with a Fender logo. Which leads me to think that this isn't an Indonesian Samick plant, but perhaps Fender's Mexico plant. Yet these are neck-throughs. So...is this a hint that neck-through Jackson Pros may be moving to Mexico after all? Or is this a pic of the US plant. Or what?

I'm not overly familiar with those Demmelition models, but is that an ebony board? I only see import Demmelitions with sharkfins/rosewood board, though the neck thru Pro models have piranha/ebony. Perhaps they're USA models? :dunno:

What in hell is goin' on with the drill marks in the knob location on the front guitar?
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Looks like ebony. The X-Series Demmelitions are rosewood. Yeah, that guitar on the front looks like some experiment. It also has those huge holes right behind the neck pickup and in front of the actual tremolo post holes.

Comment

definitely not an Indonesian power socket. They have round pins
        Hail yesterday

Comment

That is from the shop in Mexico.
          Looks like some CNC machine fuckups.
          -Rick

Comment

Actually gentlemen, you are looking at the Jackson custom shop (BC Rich ridicule intended)
            "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Pablo Santana's revenge

Comment

I certainly hope they're making neckthrus in Mexico. I'm much rather buy a MIM than MII or MIC.
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

that's horrer

Comment

The necks look flat sawn..?
                    https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Originally posted by Anders View Post
                      That too. Which is ok if these are just prototypes. Of what though. Given how corporate types think, what is more likely, that they'll move production from Indonesia to Mexico...or from the US to Mexico?

Comment

could just be a mistake that they keep around for customer fitting cases, wait they probably don't make their own CS cases for CS guitars anymore, do they?
                        In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Originally posted by Anders View Post
                          Originally posted by wrldeatr7 View Post
                          That too. Which is ok if these are just prototypes. Of what though. Given how corporate types think, what is more likely, that they'll move production from Indonesia to Mexico...or from the US to Mexico?
                          Nothing wrong with flat sawn. Don't believe all the hype that quarter sawn are substantially better. They're both hard rock maple, and necks get truss rods, so they're both pretty stable.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                            Nothing wrong with flat sawn. Don't believe all the hype that quarter sawn are substantially better. They're both hard rock maple, and necks get truss rods, so they're both pretty stable.
                            Yeah, it might look like that's what I meant, but I just meant that if this was in the US facility, the necks should (most likely) be quarter sawn. So perhaps Mexico is a good guess?
                            https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Working...
                            X