PuPs to Go with my Dimebag Darrell Bucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PuPs to Go with my Dimebag Darrell Bucker

Looking to add a middle and neck pickup to replace the stock Duncan Designed set... they hum bad... Any suggestions?

Jeff

i would like to keep the set under $100.

Comment

i think I'm going to get rid of the Dimebucker too and replace it with something a little more well rounded.

Comment

Originally posted by jshultz1 View Post
        Looking to add a middle and neck pickup to replace the stock Duncan Designed set... they hum bad... Any suggestions?
        What do you mean by hum bad? What amp setting and guitar setting are you on when this happens? If you are on a high gain amp channel and have the guitar volume up but aren't playing the guitar, you certainly will get hum from the neck/middle pickups as they are single coils and not humbuckers. Humbuckers are designed to solve this problem as they 'buck' or cancel the hum. (Humbuckers, get it?). Some single coils hum less than others, but most will have this trait at high gain. If you wish to run high gain through single coils and not want to hear hum when you aren't playing, then you'd have to get a nioise gate to clamp the signal down. Other alternatives are 'noiseless' single coils or humbucker sized single coils to replace what you have.

Comment

Working...
        X