Help with a Jackson Warrior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with a Jackson Warrior

I am interested in trading for a Warrior with a gentleman in my area. He is not sure where it is made but thinks it may be MIJ from 2005. It has a 7 digit serial that starts with 96. Any help would be appreciated!

Comment

No binding, standard Sharkies, chrome hardware... Looks like a WRXT with EMG's to me.

Comment

Just on a guess I'd say that's a JS32WR with EMG's added..
        Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Is it me? Or does the WRXT and JS32WR look exactly the same in pics..
          Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Where were these manufactured? A good guitar in your opinion?

Comment

To my knowledge, a 7 digit serial # starting with '9' indicates that it was made in Japan, but I've been known to be wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
                Is it me? Or does the WRXT and JS32WR look exactly the same in pics..
                They sure as hell do.

Just based on the serial, and assuming the serial is original to the guitar, I feel pretty confident to say it's a MIJ 2001ish-2003 WRXT. The X series moved from India to Japan in either 2001 or 2...I can't recall exactly. Those sequential serial numbers changed from 9699999 to 9700000 in late '02 or 2003.

Ask the owner if the serial is original. Sounds like maybe he purchased it new around 2005? That should confirm it's original.

As far as 'is it a good guitar?' MIJ models have a great reputation...rarely hear horror stories.

If you're really curious and a bit ambitious you could remove the neck and check the date/model stamps on the neck heel/pocket. A Japanese model from the 2000's would certainly contain stamps, unless there was some mix up at the factory.

There was at least one MIJ JS series model during the early 2000's, but I'm 99.999% the JS32 Warrior with a Floyd wasn't around that early in the 2000s.
                Last edited by Mudlark; 05-27-2016, 03:09 PM.
                96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
                X