Help Identify this Jackson Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Identify this Jackson Please

New to the forums and to guitars. I inherited this guitar and would like more info please

Ser# 9663523

Thanks

Jeff

Don't know how to post pics

You need a host site like photobucket or imageshack then use the image tag & paste the link in it.

Failing that, a description of the guitar would be handy. I can tell you the serial means it's made in Japan.

Body shape? Pick up config? Number of frets? Hardware colour?

Comment

A pic would be handy, but a detailed description may work.

Adding to Force's list I'll ask; Reverse headstock or standard?

Assuming there's no 'Professional' logo on the headstock, that serial indicates the year 2000ish.

BTW...this is the USA Guitars section.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

SSH Seamor Duncans. Bolt on neck and a natural (maybe tobacco) finish.. Looks like a maple top.

Comment

24 frets, Chrome hardware, pearliod inlays(looks like ice cycles sorta), looks to be a standard headstock.. Body shape is Strat like.

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Probably a DK2. Made in 2000ish. Check them out on google image.
              The Duncans would've been added in place of the original Duncan Designed pups.
              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

And sorry for posting in the USA forum... didn't know where it was made... New to guitars Thanks for the help guys

Comment

Does it look like this DK2? If not the finish, the specs?
                  [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Looks like a 1996 DK2

Comment

Your pic wasn't posted when I posted my pic, but yes it's a DK2. No, on the '96. As I said earlier that number is for around 2000.
                      Those numbers weren't date coded, they were numbered sequentially. My personal list contains 9662xxx and it was date stamped 2000.

If you remove the neck you'll find date/model stamps on the neck heel/pocket.

The DK2 wasn't released until 1998.

Comment

Originally posted by jshultz1 View Post
                        New to the forums and to guitars.
                        SSH Seamor Duncans. Bolt on neck and a natural (maybe tobacco) finish.. Looks like a maple top.
                        24 frets, Chrome hardware, pearliod inlays(looks like ice cycles sorta), looks to be a standard headstock.. Body shape is Strat like.
                        Man, for someone new to guitars, you were pretty specific and accurate with most of your terminology. Are you sure you're new? I remember when I started playing guitar and not knowing the names of parts, I embarrassingly referred to a guitar body as the "head" of the guitar because I figured a head has all the important bits.

[IMG][/IMG]
                        The bridge pickup looks like a Seymour Duncan SH-13 Dimebucker (the pickup closest to the bridge with the two blades/rails). Definitely an aftermarket addition by a previous owner.

No idea what the other two pickups could be at an exterior glance. Are they both also labelled "Seymour Duncan" instead of the stock "Duncan Designed" pickups?

That case is interesting, and almost looks like a flimsy acoustic guitar case I once owned. It's very likely not a Jackson/Charvel case (made by SKB) like the one Mudlark posted in Post #9 above.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                          Man, for someone new to guitars, you were pretty specific and accurate with most of your terminology. Are you sure you're new?

sigpic
                          Action Jackson

Comment

I am OCD beyond belief... I have a sickness where I research and research like gang busters. I'm so new I know about three chords... And play them all poorly Been watching Pebber Brown videos.... as he would say, "I am a guitar weakling...". The two other pickups do appear to be stock "Duncan Design" pickups. Thanks for all the help guys!

Comment

The case is like a flimsy acoustic but the area where the headstock goes is shaped like the "knife" like shape of the Jackson... Maybe some odd hybrid? I have a SKB case a guy included with a Squier Strat I bought yesterday... Wish the Jackson fit into it....

Comment

Working...
                              X