Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here upgrade their Jackson JT580 Trem with Floyd Rose Parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here upgrade their Jackson JT580 Trem with Floyd Rose Parts?

I wondering if anyone in the forum has ever upgraded some or all their parts on a Jackson JT580 or JT50LP with Floyd Rose Parts. I was going to upgrade my trem to a real floyd but I don't like the way it looks when installed to much space on the one side.I would be interested to hear what upgrades you have made. Right Now I have upgraded the string inserts to Schaller since one of them was missing when I bought the guitar, and to a 32mm Big Brass Block. I am thinking about getting intnation screws and string lock screws and fine tuners, after that will be saddles.

If you spent the money to upgrade each part you could just buy a real floyd and have some left over. upgrades are cool but the base plate will still be the cheaper metal and the knife edges wont last as long. If it is a takeuchi made it will be pretty good and last a while, upgrades not really needed. these were made in Japan and the metal is substantially better than later versions of the bridge. if you don't have one of these you could get one pretty cheaply to replace yours if the fit gaps are an issue.

Comment

True the upgrades would cost more then a floyd lol. I just think it looks weird a floyd in a JT580 trem route.

Comment

Working...
      X