New Jackson RRT and Pro V's...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jackson RRT and Pro V's...

So I am really looking at getting back into the Jackson game. I have owned a KE2, KV2X, RR1 and WR1. I also had the RR24(LE). All of them went due to hard times and having kids.

I am am seeing the RRT5 and pro series for around $899-999. All seem to be Indonesian made. Are these things garbage? How's the QC on them. They only have the $400 and below range stuff at my local GC here.

Am I better off holding out for a used US model?

I'd personally hold off and look for something specifically USA or MIJ... I personally haven't been impressed with the overpriced Chinese, Indian or Indonesian guitars with a Jackson sticker on the headstock.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

No, they're not garbage. QC is good, you're not going to get some defective guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by wrldeatr7 View Post
        No, they're not garbage. QC is good, you're not going to get some defective guitar.
        I'll 2nd this. Not CS quality of course but for the price, they are great axes. MIA = $$$$$, MIJ = hoping that previous owners cared for their gear.

Comment

They're not garbage, but they're overpriced for what they are. There's a higher brand name tax than there used to be.

Comment

If you set aside about $400 you can snag a really good Professional Pro from 1990-1995. you have to relax and wait for it to come to you but you have to keep an eye out. Personally, these are the only real option I'll consider other than USA made. okay... some jackson stars stuff is cool too. but I think the newer stuff is fluff and can't compare to their older stuff. I see a lot of warped necks on 2010-2014 so if thats any sign of things to come I'm thinking they have done their ass making them where they did and out of what they did.

Comment

Just like with the Pro Mods... you can get a used minty USA or MIJ for less than a new MIM if you're patient. All of the newer stuff has a much higher markup... There's nothing really wrong with the new Jackson Pro series that you'll be paying $900-$1000 for, just the value for the dollar isn't as great as it used to be.

Comment

US Jacksons are pricey, Japanese Jacksons aren't getting any younger, and the price of the current Pro Series is in line with what the rest of the big name competition is doing. Depending on what you're comparing things with, it may or may not be a good deal. The guitars themselves are fine.

How many years has it been that Jacksons stopped making guitars in Japan? At some point it will have to stop being the standard for what people here think of when they hear "import Jackson."

Comment

How many years has it been that Jacksons stopped making guitars in Japan? At some point it will have to stop being the standard for what people here think of when they hear "import Jackson."
                  The standard for "Import Jackson" is now *whateverbrand* made by WMI Korea, at least for many of us here. "Import Jackson" just doesn't do it for a lot of us anymore.

Might want to give this thread a read before buying a new import Jackson:
                  http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/148...tars-WMI-Korea

Comment

I can vouch for WMI. My BC Rich Warlock is a great guitar. They don't make perfect or flawless guitars either though. They are a good alternative and under some brands a great deal. But if you're looking for a Jackson, not sure a WMI will be an equivalent replacement. They are quite different. People on the thread you mention have good things to say about Indonesian Jacksons.

Comment

US Jacksons are pricey, Japanese Jacksons aren't getting any younger, and the price of the current Pro Series is in line with what the rest of the big name competition is doing. Depending on what you're comparing things with, it may or may not be a good deal. The guitars themselves are fine.

New Pro SL2 (Made in Indonesia) - $899
                      http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SL2HMB

Used SL2 (USA Select) - $950
                      http://www.thegearpage.net/board/ind...2-usa.1691096/

Yeah, that's an extremely lucky/competitive price, even for used in player's conditions. But it doesn't take a lot of searching or waiting to snag a USA Jackson for $1250. Hell, one of the small local shops near me has/had an Ontario (~88/89) strat for $700.

Mass produced import guitars just aren't worth buying new unless you are really impatient or absolutely wants yours fresh out of the box. Production levels are ridiculously high which means depreciation is a bitch. Jackson is probably worse than some of the other brands in terms of import bang-for-buck but even quality WMI stuff isn't worth the price tag new.

Comment

Working...
                      X