New Help Identifying Year on Jackson DKMGT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Help Identifying Year on Jackson DKMGT

I bought a Jackson DKMGT from Musician's Friend sometime around 2010-2011. The product number is 2910101803. I need to find the year; I've been trying to do some research but with no luck. The serial number is 0009846962. That is the number listed on the tag I received with the guitar. The number on the back on the guitar is the same number without the zeros. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Pictures available on request.

Remove the neck, the date should be stamped on the heel.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

9846xxx a 2010-11 number, provided it's not another example of a misprint or oddball.

Those numbers ran in sequence. My DKMGT's # is 9853xxx and it's date stamped in the neck pocket June 2011.

As Newc mentioned, you can remove the neck and check the date/model stamps if you're curious.

edit: There are a number of examples of 98xxxxx serials on guitars date stamped 2005. I firmly believe this to be a misprinted 97 number. Generally, 9799999 rolled over to 9800000 about 2007.

If your DKMGT has 3 knobs it may be a misprinted 2005 model. Though, this sounds highly unlikely since it sounds like you purchased it new.

I'll shamelessly promote my DKMGT now.

[IMG][/IMG]
      Last edited by Mudlark; 02-06-2016, 11:53 AM.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
      X