need help identifying a dinky?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help identifying a dinky?

sorry guys i know you get asked this a lot but any info on this would be great..
    going to try to add pics. [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Maybe a DX10D? I'm sure someone here will be able to identify it correctly.

Comment

just another question, about the pickups... any good? never seen these before
      thanks guys

Comment

Duncan Designed are normally used on cheaper models. In some guitars they can sound great, in others they suck balls. If you like em, keep em, if not, swap.

Comment

Yup, DX10D, made in Japan 2003ish.
          The Duncan Designed pups are probably the original DD 103N and DD 103B that came on that model.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I would have thought that's a DR3, looks like the same one I use to have but mine was black. One for sure way to tell is to pull off the neck and check the neck pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by SylentCommando View Post
              I would have thought that's a DR3, looks like the same one I use to have but mine was black. One for sure way to tell is to pull off the neck and check the neck pocket.
              A DR3 has a Gibson-type toggle switch, not a blade switch. And I'm pretty sure all DR3s actually say Professional on the headstock.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

sorry to sound ignorant but i have pulled a neck off.. is it straight forward or is there some special thing you need to do? will it be stamped in the neck pocket or something?
                thanks for the replies

Comment

The model number is stamped in the neck pocket.
                  -Rick

Comment

Looks like a million other trans blue DX10D's to me, but yeah, I'm always interested in date/models stamps.
                    The stamps will confirm the model and the year/month/day of manufacture.
                    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by SylentCommando View Post
                      DR3 had a toggle, not a blade.

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      A DR3 has a Gibson-type toggle switch, not a blade switch. And I'm pretty sure all DR3s actually say Professional on the headstock.
                      No, only the ones made during the Professional years had Professional written on them. The ones made after the Professional years do not have Professional written on them.

Comment

Ah, okay. Wasn't sure they ever made the DR3 after the Professional name went away.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

its a DX10
                          also noticed a crack at the corner of the neck pocket. it doesnt go all the way through the body but it is still there

Comment

Actually, it's a DX10D, the DX10's had dot inlays instead of sharkfins.
                            The differences between the 2 models can be seen in the 2000 catalogue.

Comment

no, not all say professional. mine was a 2001 and it just said Jackson on the headstock and not Jackson Professional.

Comment

Working...
                              X