Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help IDing guitar (thrift store special!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help IDing guitar (thrift store special!)

Hey guys, I picked up a Jackson reverse head/fin inlay guitar at a thrift store, figured it was the deal of the century. Missing some saddles on the tremolo and the locking head nut, but otherwise not in terrible shape (see image).

I've spent hours scouring the internet to figure out what the heck it is and it seems that it's a DX10D from what I've read, but I could be completely wrong about that, so I thought I'd check here.

I pulled the neck off and there's no identifying marks, and the plate connecting the neck is plain chrome with a 99XXXXXX (eight digit) serial. From what I can tell, that's a '99 made, and the reverse inlays and double humbucker setup seems consistent with the DX10D.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Like I say, I've done my best to do due diligence, but at some point, it's time to go to the pros

Well done. It's a 1999 DX10D made in India. Production of the DX10D moved to Japan in the very early 2000's.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for confirmation. Search button works sometimes after all

Comment

Just remember the $100 that you have to spend for the missing parts

Comment

What did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Working...
          X