Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with RR model and serial #

Hi All,
    Great forum here with many knowledgable people! I'm hoping you can help me. I've been researching Jackson RR model serial #'s, but can't narrow down what year or model this RR Jackson is. It was sold to me as an RR2, but from what I read, RR2's had a bolt on neck. The truss rod cover doesn't have any markings, and the Jackson headstock logo doesn't say Made In The USA. Serial# is 082390. It has no RR, J, or U stamped in it. Could you please help me determine what model and year of RR Jackson this is? Thanks for your help!
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Looks like a MIJ RR5.

Comment

Thank you. Based on your reply I've been able to narrow it down to a RR5FR.

Comment

Correct, RR5FR. Made in Japan, 2008.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Thanks again. I was seeing the RR5 as a set neck in my research so that was throwing me off in determining the model. You guys helped me narrow it to the RR5FR. Mudlark, thanks for further pinpointing it to the '08 year.

Much appreciated.

Comment

You're welcome. The RR5 and RR5FR are neck thru construction. I believe a set neck is different, but I may be corrected.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
            X