NAMM 2016is around the corner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAMM 2016is around the corner

What would you like to see from Jackson? What do you think they will actually release?

My guess, looking at the economy, we can expect more JS Series stuff.

I would like them to release a Warrior Pro and Kelly Pro already.

Yes, I know a lot of people think the Warriors and Kellys should be high on the import 'to do' list.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I'd like to see Jackson successfully change their branding, keeping Charvel and Jackson as USA line and coming up with something a little different for the import series. But yeah, that'll never happen.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I'd like to see the SLX colors added to the other models & while they're at it, throw in orange as well. I like brightness.

Also, some maple boarded Warriors, Kellys & Vs.

More wishing? Ok, shark fins on the MIM models, not all, some of us like dots but I gotta have sharkies.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
          I'd like to see Jackson successfully change their branding, keeping Charvel and Jackson as USA line and coming up with something a little different for the import series. But yeah, that'll never happen.
          Wow, that's quite radical. Is Charvel all US these days? Not long ago they eliminated most of their lines (those with the Jackson headstock) and I see now they only have expensive stuff with the lame Fender headstock. Is there in Charvel/Jackson history a third brand/name they could use?

Comment

Originally posted by Force View Post
            I'd like to see the SLX colors added to the other models & while they're at it, throw in orange as well. I like brightness.

Also, some maple boarded Warriors, Kellys & Vs.

More wishing? Ok, shark fins on the MIM models, not all, some of us like dots but I gotta have sharkies.
            Yup, colors are always a good thing. Just black and transparent black is kinda dull. They have some great colors...in Dinkys and JS.
            Completely agree on sharkfins (or piranha for that matter). Dots aren't really befitting of a Jackson.

Comment

a hard tail slx with a quilt top

Comment

If you've signed up for emails from Jackson, they sent one out the other day announcing "killer stuff" coming from Jackson in 2016. The pic shows a shadowy silhouette of an LP-shape in the foreground, a Soloist/Dinky, and something that could be either a KV or a Rhoads, but it doesn't show the lower horn nor does it show the tip of the upper horn, perhaps a round-tip V, I forget the name of that one.

The X-Series Beaulieu was sort of an unannounced very late 2015 release. And I'm finally seeing the new Demmelition Pros on one site, which at $1866.65 MSRP would be the most expensive import Jackson, I think. I take it it's made in Indonesia too, but I'm not sure.

Comment

I believe I saw a prototype of the LP shaped model on facebook earlier this year. The one I saw had an AT 3+3 styled headstock and was given to a guitarist by a Fender rep. I recall it being a Pro series model.
                  96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Sounds like it's happening then.

Then there was Broderick playing this cool one at some point, which I haven't seen before.

Comment

Not a huge fan of Broderick's guitar. Though, I probably would've liked it 30 years ago as I did the similar looking Hamer Scarab.

I didn't think anyone preferred a jack on the lower wing of a Rhoads/V shape. Wonder what the story is with that?

BTW...I saw yet another Indonesian serial format recently on a 2014 model, but damned if I can recall the letters used.

Comment

Also received the "horns up" in my email. Would be cool if the LP shape one had 24 frets and a Floyd.
                        JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                        Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                          Not a huge fan of Broderick's guitar. Though, I probably would've liked it 30 years ago as I did the similar looking Hamer Scarab.

I didn't think anyone preferred a jack on the lower wing of a Rhoads/V shape. Wonder what the story is with that?

BTW...I saw yet another Indonesian serial format recently on a 2014 model, but damned if I can recall the letters used.
                          In theory it always made sense to me to have the jack on the lower wing. Granted I don't use wireless/play live nor have I had a guitar with it in that place. Also more cost effective I imagine. But I have nothing against them being on the upper wing. What I do hate is the strap button on the back instead of on the inside of the wing. That's just obnoxious.

Hmm, that would be interesting to see, so far they've been pretty consistent recently with their serial numbers.

Comment

I understand the biggest issue with the lower jack placement is that it pretty much makes sitting and playing impossible.

The serial format was the same, there was just a different letter(s) along with the 'I'. But, truthfully, I don't trust my memory anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by wrldeatr7 View Post
                              Sounds like it's happening then.

Then there was Broderick playing this cool one at some point, which I haven't seen before.

My initial reaction to that guitar is yuck. 30 seconds later I am kinda digging it. A RR that mated with a ML but mostly RR.
                              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
                              X