A few odd Jacksons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few odd Jacksons

Hi guys I have a few questions I was hoping to get some help with... So the two guitars in question are a Ke3 and a King V professional.
    First off the King V has an Odd serial number that I have not been able to find any info about and it also has a metallic flake logo. The Ke3 has an odd neck plate / number and I don't think shes made of alder or poplar ... any insights into these potential oddities would be very helpful !

this last one shows a chunk of alder next to a sanded area on the kelly

I'd recommend posting pics of each guitar.
    The 7xxxxx number is a little used format on some 1997 Japanese models. There were some 8xxxxx= '98 as well, but I don't think they went to 9xxxxx.

The 99xxxxxx is for made in India, 1999. This suggests you have a KX10D, not a Japanese KE3. They look very similar in appearance.

I can't explain the wood appearance being different. The catalogue lists alder for the KX10D, but catalogues contain errors, so...?
    Last edited by Mudlark; 12-03-2015, 09:54 AM.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Cool Thanks for the help. I think the kelly is indeed a KX10D after looking at a few others ... still no clue about that wood though which has me a bit concerned. I wonder if its something like Chesswood ... anyway I will slap some pics up for further inspection I suppose.

Comment

Working...
      X