Floyd Rose Original?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Rose Original?

I have a 2007 RR24 and am having difficulty figuring out whether it has a a Floyd Original or not. It looks just like the Floyd originals I have on my ESP Mirage and Kramer. Does any one have the literature on a 07 RR24 or would know how to identify it's trem off hand?

Thanks,
    Ted

I'm pretty sure the RR24s had the 1000 Series Korean Floyds on them, but they look very similar to the German FRs.
    Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

should be stamped made in germany if it's a original

Comment

Thanks.

I found this on the Floyd Rose site:

Q: What is the difference between the 1000 Series Original and the Original?

A: The two bridges are manufactured using the same materials and processes, and they are functionally identical. The country of manufacture is the distinction: The Original is produced in Germany and the the 1000 Series Original is produced in Korea.

It may be functionally identical to the original but the 1000 feels different to me. It feels ridged whereas the original feels smooth while I am using the trem arm.

Comment

The pivot points are slightly different.
          There are a few other differences
          See here http://dellus.net/updates/original-f...man-vs-korean/

Comment

Great link.

This must be the source of what I am feeling -

"Also notice the difference in the pivot knife edges/route. The German version is deeper and wider, providing a sharper pivot point contact that’s free of possible interference."

Comment

Very cool link. I was lead to believe they were basically identical in build and appearance, which they clearly aren't when you look closely.
              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
              X