Where are new X series made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are new X series made?

Looking at a WRXMG in olive drab on ebay. I've seen a lot of complaints about new imports made in Korea or Indonesia.

The 2014 models I saw were Indonesian. That's where the Pro neck thru's are made, also.
    The JS and X series guitars have been getting lots of good reviews the last couple years. Lot's of happy owners on this forum.

Korean models ended in the '90s. Today it's Indonesia, China and Mexico for imports. I've heard mostly good reviews from all those countries models, honestly.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Yeah, you're not going to find a lot of complaints by people who actually own them.

All X-Series are made in Indonesia, these days almost exclusively by Cort while up to early '14 they were made mostly by Wildwood.

Comment

not 100% sure but i think its the exit just before 9th gate of hell

Comment

indonesia my slx is made and my rrtmg pro series weird still amazing guitars

Comment

Are the Adrian Smith import sig's being made in Indonesia now? I'd be interested in one of those. I'm really waiting for the moment that these are being made in Mexico and then I guess I'll have to buy one.

Comment

Originally posted by elrrek View Post
              Are the Adrian Smith import sig's being made in Indonesia now? I'd be interested in one of those. I'm really waiting for the moment that these are being made in Mexico and then I guess I'll have to buy one.
              Yes, Indonesia as well. India previously.

Comment

Originally posted by elrrek View Post
                It looks like only the "Pro" series bolt-ons and the Charvels are being made in Mexico.

The Indo X and Pro guitars I've played are pretty solid, but I haven't found a spectacular one yet, like you could with the cheaper Japanese (and Korean) guitars before.
                Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

I bought a KEXMG this summer and still love it to death. Made in Indonesia. Nothing to complain about from me, the quality is on par with the DKMG I had.
                  2014 Jackson KEXMG - Gloss Black with Seymour Duncan Black winter
                  Charvel Desolation Star DST-1 - Transparent Black
                  Epiphone "1958" Korina Explorer - Ebony

Peavey 5150 II
                  Peavey Valve King 4x12 Slant Cab

Comment

Dammit, conflicting reports on where the SDX is being made

Actually, using the power of google (should have thought of that before!) I can find various back-of-the-headstock pictures saying "Made in Indonesia". Dammit, now I have to consider buying one!
                    Last edited by elrrek; 12-16-2015, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X