Jackson Professional RR V identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Professional RR V identification

Can you guys help me get the details on this guitar? It's a RR model and it's a Professional. Here is the pic:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4mv0tiwk7ntlqib/Unknown?dl=0

It has Serial number J 000838.

What year and model is this and how much did it sell for, about?

Thanks!

Dan

I can't see the pics, but the serial indicates 1990, made in Japan.
    Sounds like a Rhoads PRO.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Here is the pic again.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rijicnpl6m...nown.jpeg?dl=0

Can anyone help me get more details on what model this is? Are all RR Pros EX's?

Comment

Originally posted by dannybagpipes View Post
        Here is the pic again.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rijicnpl6m...nown.jpeg?dl=0

Can anyone help me get more details on what model this is? Are all RR Pros EX's?
        No. EX are a model- they're bolt on, rosewood, dots. That looks like a Rhoads Pro. All pros are professionals but not all professionals are pros. Pros would be bound ebony, MoP inlays and logo, JT-590 trem, neck through. Top of the line of the Professional series and the most desirable of the Professional series by a lot.

Looks like a Pro to me. Congratulations, tremendous axe.

Comment

Thanks for the replies so far! It has a neckthrough design so it should be a pro. Is there any place to check the serial number to find the model for sure?

So do you guys think this guitar is a good deal at $325? I have been thinking about it for a week. It has some wear to it, a blemish on the front, hairline scratches, etc. The tremolo system is a Schaller. Is that likely original or a mod?

Also, something must have rubbed it near the nut on the neck because there is some wear there too. That doesn't bother me. I just want an instrument that plays well and sounds well - and I want another axe with a trem so I have different tunings available right away.

Comment

It's a 1990 Rhoads PRO, you don't need to check further. There is no import serial number data base offered by Jackson, but you can't determine the model with a serial anyway.

If it functions properly, it's a fantastic price. The Schaller JT590 is original.
            The PRO's were rumoured to be discontinued in '95 because the USA comparable specs and quality was cutting into the USA model sales.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Check out this link. The Rhoads is shown on the list at the bottom of the page.
                http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/jack...p#proconftable

Comment

It would be an ok price at twice that depending on condition.

Comment

What radius is this? Ultimately I got the guitar and it's really nice but there is fret buzz. Looks like someone put on a lefty nut because it's notched out much larger (not 2nd hand but by factory) on the high E but it should be where the low E goes on a lefty guitar. Anyway, I'm sure this is just backwards.

What is the original nut and where can I buy one?

I see all kinds of cheap nuts on ebay from China. I assume those will not hold tuning well, break strings etc. What is the best nut for the job?

Comment

Here it is guys, 1990 Rhoads Pro $1,595.00 USD like Mudlark said, looks just like the one in the catalog, some closer shots would be nice and save them to your computer as .Jpg file, picture isn't very good and if you blow it up it gets pixilated. Nice score man. Paint is Candy Burgundy .
                      jackson professional j0008.jpg
                      Last edited by Jackson8090s; 10-18-2015, 10:32 AM.
                      \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Working...
                      X