No announcement yet.

NGD Jackson PC Archtop Professional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So is everyone else so i´ll babble to myself. Time for s proper setup, had some "problems" getting the relief right but now everything looks good, after a looong working week/weekend soon a whole week to fiddle with it and look for a real case, now it´s sleeping in the gigbag i got with the fgm100, wtf are people doing with the original cases?

Comment

The cheapshit case that came with it was the original case. Did it have a Jackson logo on it? Seriously, the hard cases that came with neckthrough Pros were shit. No padding except around the bottom of the body, none whatsoever along the back, and the compartment doubled as the neck support. That was it. If it was thin plywood covered in thin fuzz, and was rectangular, that was the original case.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

No logo on this case and it´s faaar to long otherwise it fits your description of crappiness, i have to press the lid down to be able to close it. If i had known he was shipping it in this case i wouldn´t have been able to sleep for a couple of nights, this isn´t worth setting on fire even. The guitar doesn´t fit in an ibz case either, seems it´s too thick or something.

Comment

Probably the arched top. A tight fit is what you want from a case, especially one with no sculpted fit for the neck and head.

If I recall, all of those cases were the same size, big enough to hold a Soloist, Warrior, or Rhoads. They just put in the body foam for whichever model.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I guess i will have to buy a real case and make the interior fit or buy a good gigbag.

Comment

10982619_1545862332360975_8348553442709458842_n.jpg

Comment

Here is my MIJ Collen before and after. Dan Lawrence did the work including removing all paint from the back of the neck. He also counter sunk the control cavity and removed the Professional from the headstock logo.

10982619_1545862332360975_8348553442709458842_n.jpg15625_651215111673428_6247015446871860987_n.jpg11034170_651215108340095_3666595361111792385_n.jpg
                Last edited by vklobucar; 09-16-2015, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Very nice. I´ve seen those pics several times and that´s exactly the finish i´d like but i think i´ll keep it like it is, i´ve only seen what i´m guessing is 3 different bursts online.

Comment

Nice score mate! Like most have mentioned, your's is a rare finish. Love the MoP logo!

Got myself a Grover Jackson PC archtop earlier this year, and its definitely a keeper!

Comment

Superb!

What´s up with the grover jackson? I´m having a hard time finding info online, mine i know what it is but not this one. I´ve seen pics of it before but i can´t remember i´ve seen any info?

Edit: I just landed on your sevenstring thread about this guitar, do you have catalogue scans from the 92 catalogue?
                      Last edited by hellfire666; 09-19-2015, 08:22 AM.

Comment

The GJ brands were only available in the Jap market.

Scans of all Jackson catalogues http://www.jacksonguitars.com/en-AU/support/catalogs/ hope you'll find what you need!

Comment

Ah yes, that´s the catch of a lifetime, to me at least

Yep i´ve been there but the 92 catalogue is too blurry to see the specs in. I think i got the info from your scan, i guess it´s more or less the same.

Comment

Same for the reverse headstock and brass truss cover they were the EXACT specs as the Pro series. Love that guitar as well as that finish!

Great score!

Comment

Working...
                            X