Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2006 Jackson DXMG Spots around tuners????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Jackson DXMG Spots around tuners????

I was just wondering if anyone in the forum has had this happen to any of their Jackson guitars. It seems the clear coat is lifting around some of the tuners. This guita is 9 years old so warranty is out of the question. It doesn't bother me but just what to know if anyone else has had this problem and maybe what to do to fix it. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by SylentCommando; 08-15-2015, 12:05 AM.

No one seems to know what this is, and how it happened?

Comment

Someone probably went too heavy with the tuner nuts. No biggie.

If you want to keep it from spreading you could try going over the areas with clear nail polish.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I'd try wicking some super thin cyanoacrylate in there (carefully). That should re-seal the clear.

Comment

I have heard about the super glue, how do you wick it? I have also heard if you apply heat using a heat gun it will soffen the clear coat and heat up the adhesive and make it stick again. Its this anything to worry about or should I just leave it, I dont want to try stuff and then its worse then it was before lol.

Comment

If it were a USA or high-end import, I'd say take it to a pro. Since it's a commonly available (albeit discontinued) import, I'd go with heavy clear tape, clear nail polish, or even Super Glue.

Then again, it shouldn't get any worse as long as you don't replace the tuners.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

No I am not going to replace the tuners, its more bothersome if anything it does not effect the performance of the guitar in anyway. Its just my first jackson guitar and means alot to me, but I dont wanna spend like $100 or more just to get it fixed by a pro. Has this ever happened to you on any of your jackson guitars that you bought used? I was reading between 2005-2006 they had issues with the clear coat, and some jackson guitar had the problem which started on the edges of the head on a standard non reverse headstock under the jackson logo decal.

Comment

Get some thin superglue From stewmac.com , pull out the effected tuners, and let it wick in there from the tuner hole. That should do the trick.
                METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

will it make it so it wont be visible?

Comment

Yes it will.
                    METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Awesome thats what I want, have you done this before on any of your guitars? I thank you for you input and suggestion on wicking. I have never done this before, but I build/repair computers for a living and I have a steady hand. So the key is to get in under the finish that is lifting, do I have to push it down or just let it do its thing, do you need to sand after or just glue it and let it dry and reinstall the tuners.

Comment

Working...
                      X