Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats up with this guitar mon!? (Pics included)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats up with this guitar mon!? (Pics included)

Hello lads,

Im posting a new thread because the previous one seems to be bugged, not displaying anything
    Anyway, I have recently purchased a Jacksons JS20 Dinky, or at least I thought so!
    After calling Jacksons-Fender in USA, and telling them the serial number of the guitar, they told me it belongs to limited edition JS30RR FR Rhoads.
    What the hell I though!?
    Whats going on with this guitar, I mean, it looks original, could it be fake? I purchased it in a legitimate store, which gets guitars directly from the factory and is Fenders official reseller. I bought it in Europe if it makes any difference?
    I really really hope someone has an anwser for me, whats up with this guitar and is it even a legitimate one....

Pictures are below

You have a 2009 JS20 Natural finish just as your hangtag says.
    Unfortunately, you're just another example of someone finding out that Fender knows nothing of Jackson import serial numbers
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

So its a legit guitar?
      Is this common Oo? I mean Fender not knowing Jacksons serial numbers...

Comment

It's very common.
        -Rick

Comment

They have no clue 98% of the time from my experience. There was a similar post a couple days ago, actually.

I can remember once, maybe twice, in the last few years of someone actually getting accurate info on import serials from Fender. Usually, their reply is embarrassingly incorrect such as the reply you received. Come to think of it...you're lucky to have gotten any reply. Very often people don't get one.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Looks legit. Would be weird to go through the trouble of faking a lower end Jackson.
            It's not surprising for Fender not to know about import guitars. Even more so since they don't work with that particular provider anymore. I'm sure they are more versed about US/Mexican stuff that's made at their plants.
            I am surprised though to see the check list. Kind of cool actually.

Comment

Damn thats really not how they should work. I mean they are a respectable company and everything :o
              The sticker on the guitar is accurate I hope, Made in India?

Comment

Yup, N in the serial number is for India.

Comment

Thats great, Im really happy that I have a legit item. I was REALLY worried I bought a fake..even though its a cheap guitar Id hate to have a fake

Comment

*Cue the argument that says Jacksons made outside America (and/or Japan) are fake....
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                    X