Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question regarding a Jackson I almost, (and still might), buy....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding a Jackson I almost, (and still might), buy....

The local GC has a rather striking Jackson that is being sold as 'new'. However, when I search Jackson's website for this guitar I can't find anything like it. Here's the description and I'm hoping maybe someone might be able to help me ID it.

It's got a bound maple bolt on neck with the shark inlays but the fretboard is maple not rosewood. It's a blue, but not trans. It has HSS and a floyd rose.

Like I said, I searched through the models available on Jackson's website and I didn't see one that had all of those features... the real stumper is the HSS, though the maple fretboard complicates things as well.

If I get back over there this week I'll take a snap shot of it.
    Some of my Guitars:
    1) Late '80s Charvel HS neon nuclear yellow. H is a Seymour Duncan, the neck is stock. H/S
    2) 1990-1991 Les Paul Custom flame sunburst with ebony fretboard. Gibson stock pickups. H/H
    3) 1991-1992 G&L Legacy. Red. Maple neck, rosewood fretboard. G&L stock pickups. S/S/S
    4) 2003 Jackson Soloist SL3 was trans red. WIP refinish.
    5) 2006 Jackson Dinky DXMG. Gray, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard. OE EMG H/H

Originally posted by Weatherby View Post
    The local GC has a rather striking Jackson that is being sold as 'new'. However, when I search Jackson's website for this guitar I can't find anything like it. Here's the description and I'm hoping maybe someone might be able to help me ID it.

It's got a bound maple bolt on neck with the shark inlays but the fretboard is maple not rosewood. It's a blue, but not trans. It has HSS and a floyd rose.

Like I said, I searched through the models available on Jackson's website and I didn't see one that had all of those features... the real stumper is the HSS, though the maple fretboard complicates things as well.

If I get back over there this week I'll take a snap shot of it.
    Yeah, I can tell you now they are going to want pics , take lots, front, back ,side, logo, trem , neck ,serial , body , pickups.
    \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Will do! It's just such a striking guitar especially with the maple fingerboard. I almost took it home Saturday, but decided to go with the other guitar I posted about: a charcoal gray DXMG and a squire bullet strat... Wound up walking out without shelling out any cash (traded an old Mesa amp that was collecting dust).
      Some of my Guitars:
      1) Late '80s Charvel HS neon nuclear yellow. H is a Seymour Duncan, the neck is stock. H/S
      2) 1990-1991 Les Paul Custom flame sunburst with ebony fretboard. Gibson stock pickups. H/H
      3) 1991-1992 G&L Legacy. Red. Maple neck, rosewood fretboard. G&L stock pickups. S/S/S

Comment

It doesn't say on their paper what it is? Their website shows a JS34Q Dinky DKA-M. Is that the one?

Comment

NEW does not always mean CURRENT.
          It means UNSOLD.

Comment

Exactly.. no I did not see it in the online store at all. I will check with then asap
            Some of my Guitars:

Comment

Originally posted by wrldeatr7 View Post
              It doesn't say on their paper what it is? Their website shows a JS34Q Dinky DKA-M. Is that the one?
              That is interesting. It seems like a special GC run but why do that with a JS series. A 34? Okay then..........

OP said it was not trans so I'm wondering if it's the bright blue arch-top DKA body with a DKA-M neck, therefore a mutt.

Comment

Strange.
                Black inlays?

Haven't seen the maple board'd JS34, but the rosewood board'd JS34 has an archtop and HSS pups.
                Last edited by Mudlark; 08-11-2015, 04:17 PM.
                96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

There is a JS version that looks like a DK2M. It has a black headstock instead of a maple one.
                  They are HH, not HSS.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                    Strange.
                    Black inlays?

Haven't seen the maple board'd JS34, but the rosewood board'd JS34 has an archtop and HSS pups.
                    I called GS this afternoon. It's a JS34Q in trans blue.

In researching this I came across one of the JS in white with the maple fretboard and black inlays with black hardware.... looks damn nice like that! Cheaper than the fancy quilt top & trans paint too!

Either way, guess that's the end of that mystery.
                    Some of my Guitars:

Comment

Why are GC calling it a 34, it must be a special run for them, the model is JS32DKA-M. The factory colours are snow white & gloss black, so a trans blue quilt would suggest GC see value in doing their own JS series run. I can hear the angry roar of the purists from the other side of the world

Current JS model numbers are 11, 12, 22, & 32, for bass it's 2 & 3.

Comment

Jackson should drop the meaningless numbers and standardize the JS names to align with the rest of the series: WRJST, KVJS+ and add letters for finishes, licensed trem etc., etc.

Comment

My dealer, Long and McQuade in Canada, had the JS34 arch top with a rosewood board in their 2014 catalogue. I've seen a couple on facebook recently, but don't know anything about them.
                          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
                          X