Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody know what a Warrior "ERMG" might be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know what a Warrior "ERMG" might be?

looking at a body that has a stamp

10 - 1
    ERMG
    2001 9.28

does anybody know what kind of body this is? obviously its a warrior. but what was "ERMG". there's no indication of country of origin.

thanks for the help

Japanese. I imagine it says WRMG. Those stamps aren't usually neat and clean.
    Last edited by wrldeatr7; 08-08-2015, 07:32 PM.

Comment

looks like it says "ERMG" to me

http://i57.tinypic.com/x5e155.png

Comment

It must be the "Ermahgerd!" edition Warrior. Mah fravrit Wrahrrier!

Comment

Shit. Jackson employed Jonny Utah?
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Most likely a misprint. I've seen plenty of misprinted serial numbers, so it doesn't seem hard to imagine a misprinted stamp.
            Considering they were hand-stamped, that would make the chances of human error even more likely.

Mind telling me the serial number...or first half? I have a list of those numbers that are confirmed with a date stamp I use to help date guitars.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
              Most likely a misprint. I've seen plenty of misprinted serial numbers, so it doesn't seem hard to imagine a misprinted stamp.
              Considering they were hand-stamped, that would make the chances of human error even more likely.

Mind telling me the serial number...or first half? I have a list of those numbers that are confirmed with a date stamp I use to help date guitars.
              isn't the manufacture date indicated by the 2001.9.28 ?

Comment

Correct.
                The serial number format used on those guitars and most other Japanese made bolt on's was a 96, 97 or 98xxxxx number. Since those serial numbers aren't date coded (they ran in sequence, ex: 9600001, 9600002 etc.) we can only guestimate the serial number build date from other numbers confirmed with a stamp...such as yours.
                Many people don't want to remove their neck to find the date stamp, so a guestimate on the serial number date is useful.

Late 2001 should be around 967xxxx?
                96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                  Correct.
                  The serial number format used on those guitars and most other Japanese made bolt on's was a 96, 97 or 98xxxxx number. Since those serial numbers aren't date coded (they ran in sequence, ex: 9600001, 9600002 etc.) we can only guestimate the serial number build date from other numbers confirmed with a stamp...such as yours.
                  Many people don't want to remove their neck to find the date stamp, so a guestimate on the serial number date is useful.

Late 2001 should be around 967xxxx?
                  serial number is 9670544
                  i'm more interested in the country of origin.
                  and the seller indicated that its not ERMG, its FRMG. and its the model with the floyd rose route.

another identifying feature are the 3 holes for volume, tone and afterburner. and a strat-style switch.
                  as opposed to more modern volume, tone, and gibson-style 3-way switch
                  Last edited by Talentless; 08-09-2015, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the number,
                    There are no FRMG stamps indicating a Floyd...if that's what you're indicating? It's simply a mistake during stamping.
                    All pre 2006 WRMG's had 3 knobs, Strat style switch and a Turbocharger feature with EMGhz pups. 2006 and later had 81/85 pups and 2 knobs, no Turbo etc...
                    All WRMG's are Japanese made.

Comment

As mentioned earlier, the guitar is Japanese. I imagine a 2002 model year WMRG. Does it have EMG HZ pickups as well? You can check it out on the 2002 catalog on the Jackson site.

At best, FRMG could be an internal code, but since they weren't making WRMGs without Floyd that doesn't make sense either. The guy stamping just grabbed the wrong stamp in my view.

Comment

Originally posted by wrldeatr7 View Post
                        As mentioned earlier, the guitar is Japanese. I imagine a 2002 model year WMRG. Does it have EMG HZ pickups as well? You can check it out on the 2002 catalog on the Jackson site.

At best, FRMG could be an internal code, but since they weren't making WRMGs without Floyd that doesn't make sense either. The guy stamping just grabbed the wrong stamp in my view.
                        its just the bare body. but i assume it was a model that came with EMGhz, because of the 3 round holes.
                        so its definitely of japanese manufacture? that's good to know.

thanks for all your help

Comment

The stamp's font style is such that the letters have "bits" at the end, resulting in the possibility that a partial imprint resembles a different letter. What you're seeing as an "E" doesn't look like an "E" to me, but the tip of the "W" being enhanced by one hole while the other hole near the bottom insinuates the lower tip. Note the outer leg of the "M". For that type of font, the M and W would appear nearly identical, just flipped over.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

i appreciate all your help with this warrior body.

now this thing is going to need a neck, and i'm looking at a KE3 Pro series made in 2003. Serial number 9705785.
                            would this be a japanese-made neck?

Comment

Yes, any serial number that starts with a 9 is Japanese.

Comment

Working...
                              X