Help to Identify my Jackson guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help to Identify my Jackson guitar

Hello I payed 1800$ for this guitar back in 2000 from a music store in sweden.

I just realized that it's a Japanese serial number i think?

Also I have no idea what model it is, maybe a Soloist?

(sry abit bad quality camera) the serial number is 9652231

Seymour Duncan Pickups / Humbuck

Floyd Rose system

Can't be a Soloist... those are neck-through construction. It's a Dinky since it's a bolt-on. Japanese DK2.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks alot, is this a special color I have? I can't seem to find any pictures of a similar one with the same color.

And did I get ripped off all those years ago?

Comment

Looks like metallic black, which was a standard color at one time. Seems like a pretty high price to me, but I don't know how prices are in Sweden.

Comment

Looks like dark green metallic to me, same as my car actually.

So it's safe to say that I have a 1998 or is it 1996 due to the serial? Japanese Jackson Dinky Dk2 then.

I always thought I had a beast of a guitar since I payed so much for it hehe. Atleast it plays like a true champ.
          Last edited by Prilletime; 07-27-2015, 01:33 PM.

Comment

You paid pretty much what we pay here in Australia, so I wouldn't worry too much about that, as long as you're happy with it.

And yes, you did get a beast of a guitar, the DK2 is a superb instrument. They got better as they went on with real Duncans & black hardware but still essentially the same.

Comment

Looks black in the pic, but if it's a dark green metallic, then it's known as Black Forest.

Comment

Thanks guys. Nice to know what I've been playing on all theese years!

Comment

That serial would be 1999-2000.
                  96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

$1800 sounds high, even with Swedish prices. But perhaps well worth it, especially if you divide $1800 by 15 (considering it's served you well for 15 years)! Not that much money per year...
                    https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

sry double post, having some forum problems since im new here.
                      Last edited by Prilletime; 07-28-2015, 06:03 PM.

Comment

This forum is quite power hungry, the admins has to approve every post? Been waiting for hours to get a post accepted as reply to this post. Kinda hilarious even for 2015.

So if I where to buy a new stock 99 / 2000 Japan DK2 it would be around 600-700 bucks?

@Anders Very good point, this guitar has not failed to impress me in any ways.

Several professionals in my town has tried to buy this guitar from me over the years, I even had it repaired by Øivin Fjeld that is the creator of the Giss guitar and he even wanted to buy it.

I'm a solo player thats what I love doing, do you have any suggestions a good US made Soloist guitar thats not to hard to get by?
                        Last edited by Prilletime; 07-28-2015, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Prilletime View Post
                          This forum is quite power hungry, the admins has to approve every post? Been waiting for hours to get a post accepted as reply to this post. Kinda hilarious even for 2015.
                          It's some kind of new feature that was implemented last year with the new software, and it doesn't happen all the time. It is pretty strange. I don't think the other admins even know about it besides myself and the forum owner who's rarely even here.

Comment

Isn't it only with new people?

Comment

Yes, something with newbies, but not all of them, or at least it doesn't happen all the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X