New Dominion Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Dominion Day

It's an import, well so is the pro model now. Both made in Indonesia. I don't care where they are made, as long as it passes my inspection. I got this one used and I'm pretty stoked. None of the typical bullshit you find with the imports, such as glue all over the fretboard, chunks out of the binding, dings, dents, etc.....

None of that, I got a good one. I threw some cheap import locking tuners on it, blackened out the fretboard and installed the dominion sticker inlays *drunk* and I'm going to order another set and do it during the day sober

So I'm pretty damn stoked at the fit and finish. It's lighter than the MIJ pro model I have. Made of Nato I guess, which I don't have much experience with. Plays pretty good and the dominion pickups sound pretty good. Plunty of crunch and zing and bang. Haven't tried it through my MKV yet as I've been on vacation and I've tried it only through my Amplifi 150. But overall, for $600, this thing is pure win and will hold me over till Fender *cough cough* Jackson gets their head out of their ass and delivers my Black dominion pro.

Onto the pics.

Comment

Congrats. Looks sharp and well put together. Often those Indonesians can make a great guitar.

Comment

Cool! I like that middle finger graphic on the back. It's a good thing you weren't naked.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

better make sure Debo doesn't come and take your beach cruiser!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            Cool! I like that middle finger graphic on the back. It's a good thing you weren't naked.

Comment

Looks slick and tasty!

Comment

Not a huge Dominion fan-boy, but this on looks just "right". Congrats!

And let's not forget Wista, Mass.... Home of the best bands in the world.....that never became famous. Depending on your age you MAY remember Albatross (Jimmy Perry), American Standard (Cliff Goodwin), Aftermath (Doug Hartline), Babe Pino, the Heartbeats, Funken-Wagnall and Black Market (my two bands).....and the list goes on!
                "Hail to the Wasted".......Zinny J. Zan

Comment

Never heard of any of them. Only lived here 10 years. What I do notice is there's too many fucking people around here. My band has played at Ralphs and the Lucky Dog. Good thing is those places cater to original bands other than cover bands that make me want to slit my fucking wrists. 80's covers, that's all anyone around here wants to fucking hear. They go get drunk, listen to the same shit they listened to in High School, hanging out with the same townies and wonder why nothing new is happening in their lives. That's the extent of their evolution and that scares me.

Comment

Nice. Too bad it takes 12 screws to hold the control cover on. What, they miss?
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

One screw in each of the 4 corners would have sufficed.

Comment

Nice axe. Love the Dominion body and layout. Wish the Pro came with nickel or chrome hardware rather than gold. I hate gold. Wish Jackson USA made a Dominion. The import is definitely tempting me.

Comment

Working...
                        X