Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old JS30 question

Sup.

Does anyone here know whether the old JS30WR ever had an alder body?
    (Not to be confused with the newer JS32 series with sharkies and stuff, this one had the dot inlays and CVR pups)

I have an old JS30WR that was actually my first "cool guitar". I changed most of the electronics (pots, caps, pups) and hardware too and did some jobs on the neck and fretboard to make it more comfortable to play. (I'm never selling it cos it was a gift, if u wonder why I bothered upgrading it so much)

When I bought it long ago, the specs said it had an alder body, which is all I remember, cos I hated alder, and I wanted mahogany. I never payed attention to it until now, cos my friend says it has indian cedro. Tbh I couldn't care less what wood it's made of. But I wanna clear the doubt.

Thanks.

How old are we talking?
    The 2005 catalog on the Jackson site says Indian cedro.

Comment

Originally posted by wrldeatr7 View Post
      How old are we talking?
      The 2005 catalog on the Jackson site says Indian cedro.
      Maybe older.

MF's 2008 model says alder.
      wdh?

Comment

Alder sounds highly unlikely to me.

Comment

The JS30WR first appeared in the 2005 catalogue and was Indian cedro wood, same as all 2005 JS models. You'd have to go back to 2003ish or earlier to find an alder bodied JS model, and none of them were Warriors.
          MF, Musicians Friend? clearly made a mistake. All 2008 JS models were Indian cedro as listed in the Jackson '08 price list.

What's the serial on your Warrior? It'll determine the year of production.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

It was a gift but you bought it?

Comment

Working...
            X