Just got a Jackson PS3-T Rhodes for a project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got a Jackson PS3-T Rhodes for a project

I found a good deal on a Jackson Rhodes PS3-T Performer ( serial on neck plate 1048075 ) assuming this is the correct neck 22 frets dots. I picked it up in a local music store it's been there for YEARS! Nice project for me, brought it home gutted it, had Seymour Duncan TB4 Neck , TB5 Bridge , lic Jackson Floyd , Jackson tuning machines ( all of which I am selling on the cheap). Going to put the best of the best back in it custom ordered Floyd and EMG's ( I'm an EMG whore!) has some dings in the body but neck is flawless, have a friend that's agreed to do some custom airbrushed paint and graphics. Anyway, can you guys give me a hand, need the nut size , Trem Block size and year model figured out.Thanks for the help in advance.
    \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

RHOADS
    "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Mid-90s Korean made.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I had a MIJ PS3-T quite a while ago. On a few parts, you may have problems.. The bridge is a JT500 which is a cheap version of the JT590/Schaller with the thick baseplate. Other than one of those, you may have trouble fitting anything else correctly. Should be a 32mm block tho. The nut on imports is a different height (shorter I think) so if you get a Schaller (FR, probably R3) one, you'll have to modify. The tuners should be Gotoh (maybe marked JIN-HO) and should be good quality. But you have a locking nut anyway so why change tuners? It had a F spaced JB in the neck and a F spaced Custom in the bridge? You could probably trade them easily for EMG's (even to me...). Good luck..
        Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Why change the nut? Just leave in the one that's there. Ditto the tuners - Jackson tuners are great.
          http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

The tuners are just standard Jackson.... Jackson tuners are great I have nothing bad to say about them, they just have some slop and i'm suspecting a couple of bad ones, and needed a reason to explore other tuners . I am custom ordering this Floyd Rose from their site, I have to be 100% on whether it's an R2/ R3 nut there is no sending it back for a refund. A new nut is included and I always use all the new stuff, old nut will be placed with its trem and sold for what it is... cheap. I was going to package the trem with the pickups and call it 100.00 bucks. The trem arm is one of those threaded screw in types and comes with. As far as pups I was thinking 57/66 EMG's as I have 2 sets of 81/85's installed in other guitars. I'm not real big on Seymour Duncans especially after the Dave Mustaine set ( that's a long story). I have plenty of time to tinker with this project. MIK , got it! anyway to get more specific on the year? I could check Scottyguitars and Audiozone on my day off I guess. Thanks for the help.
            \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

yeah, I noticed that, but didn't take time to correct it, I was in a hurry and not once but twice lol. You still in Greenville , SC? Traffic is hell on 85 that way.
              \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Should be '95 maybe '96. They were initially Korean, but production moved to Japan shortly after. Can't be 100% accurate, but I'd say the Korean models lasted a year or two.

I can't promise you'll find anything on a Korean model, but if you remove the neck and check the pocket/neck heel you may find date stamps.
                96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

85 ain't shit. Woodruff rd however...

If you're around this area, you've probably seen me at GC.
                  "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
                    85 ain't shit. Woodruff rd however...

If you're around this area, you've probably seen me at GC.
                    Probably, been there a few times.
                    \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                      Should be '95 maybe '96. They were initially Korean, but production moved to Japan shortly after. Can't be 100% accurate, but I'd say the Korean models lasted a year or two.

I can't promise you'll find anything on a Korean model, but if you remove the neck and check the pocket/neck heel you may find date stamps.
                      I'll pop it off and take a look today, I have a couple days off to do some searching. Thanks for all your help Mudlark. Update: No markings on the heal or body heh.
                      Last edited by Jackson8090s; 05-22-2015, 08:23 AM.
                      \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Any time I've had a genuine Floyd nut it's been much deeper than the import/licensed ones. I always just end up either re-using the original or buying an import one.
                        http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Here are some better shots of the Kelly XL Professional, Rhoads Performer , Dean DIME V 255 Explosion.

][/IMG]
                          [IMG][/IMG]
                          [IMG][/IMG]
                          [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
                          [IMG][/IMG]
                          \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

My MIK PS3-T is an ok guitar. I've messed with it a little, should probably mess with it more and I'd possibly play it more. I bought it as a 2nd real cheap due to a cosmetic blem on the back side in the paint. Not thrilled with the control layout, had to shim the nut, need to rewire the whole thing.
                            Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

Ok, I measured the sustain block and came up with 32 mm. (or 1.25 inches) the cavity has more room for a bigger block like 37mm , 42mm would probably be really tight or touch the sides. I'm going to talk to a luthier friend of mine today on this nut issue and see what he can tell me. If it needs to be modified he will do it. More later, thanks guys.
                              \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Working...
                              X