Arctic white DK2 pro neckthru - no serial#

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arctic white DK2 pro neckthru - no serial#

Just picked this up yesterday and can't find a serial anywhere on it. I have read that mij neckthrus don't have serials but maybe someone out there has one of their own that they can talk about or maybe know when this was made.

Specs are
    DK2
    full arctic white except the headstock front with gray binding
    looks like a deactivator in the neck and deactivator x in the bridge
    ebony fretboard
    floyd rose special
    Normal 3 way with tone and volume
    ill add pics later

If it's neck through it's not a DK. DK is for Dinky and that means bolt on neck. Serial number should be below the 24th fret in the fretboard.

Edit / I guess on some imports the serial is supposed to be on the back of the headstock. Does it look like the serial may have been removed?
    Last edited by Grandturk; 05-12-2015, 12:47 PM.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

The tag said dk2 but I have searched for what was described on the tag and found nothing I'm not really a Jackson guy. But I've checked the back and the last fret and even under the trem and in the pickup cavities and can't find anything haha. It's weird because it was at guitar center and they couldn't find it either and it's flawless + the pickups look factory wired and I don't think a guitar can come standard with purple deactivators

Comment

Probably not stock Dimarzios. They come with either Duncans or cheapo Duncan Designed or Jackson pickups.

Look at the back of the headstock under the tuners and see if it looks like any damage was done to the finish there as if to remove a serial number or sticker or anything.

Pics would help too. Help us figure out if it's MIJ, MIK, MII, etc etc and narrow down a model. But never listen to anyone at guitar center.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Yea at work I'll take some good closeups the strings are off too so I can probly get a model number off the pickups

Comment

Yeah, post some pics so we can figure out what ya' got.
            Since the strings are off, you could remove the neck and check for date/model stamps on the neck heel and/or in the pocket.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
              Yeah, post some pics so we can figure out what ya' got.
              Since the strings are off, you could remove the neck and check for date/model stamps on the neck heel and/or in the pocket.
              It's a neckthru... I think removing the neck would be a bit difficult.
              -Rick

Comment

a pic from last night

Comment

Best to leave the neck as it is.
                  Last edited by Mudlark; 05-12-2015, 06:11 PM.
                  96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

ok heres a link to an album that i just took

i looked up the part no's for the pickups and we have a PAF pro neck and X2n bridge

http://s577.photobucket.com/user/xibir1/library/

Comment

wow this looks just like mine just a few threads down

so is it a slx? haha

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/145...ate-on-the-slx

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                        It's a neckthru... I think removing the neck would be a bit difficult.
                        Nothing a good bandsaw can' t fix, just ask Grover Jackson
                        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Looks like an SLX. The purple DiMarzios look cool.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Someone must have removed the serial number sticker from the back of the headstock. The SLX had a serial stamped on the fret board up until 2012ish, then the stickers were used.

Comment

All of those pictures, and not a single one of the heel?

***yes, one far away picture.
                              I must have missed it the first time.
                              Last edited by pianoguyy; 05-13-2015, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X