• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on my 3 Jacksons

Hi all,

New on here from Ireland.

I currently have 3 Jacksons.
    Im looking to complete some info on them.
    #1 is a JSX94 Jackson Concept, serial 9400175,
    #2 is a Performer serial 9610648, no idea which model it is, as the truss cover is missing. Is there any way to tell?
    #3 is an RR, serial 9678594, 2 Seymour Design humbuckers, 1 volume knob.

All have licensed Floyd Rose,

Any help will be much appreciated

Stephen.
    Last edited by Kersh; 04-30-2015, 08:21 PM.

Pics would be helpful since a model can't be determined with a serial.
    The Concept was made in Japan in 1994. Poplar body with a JT500 tremolo.
    The Performer was made in Japan '96-'98. What's the pickup configuration? Is it a Strat shape? Reverse headstock?
    The Rhoads number indicates 2001-2, made in Japan. Probably an RR3 or RX10D. That number can also mean 1996, but a '96 model would have 'Professional' written on the headstock...unless the neck has been swapped.

Removing the neck and checking the date stamps in the neck pocket is the most accurate way to date those numbers...except for the 94xxxxx number, which is date coded.
    Without pics or a detailed list of specs, that's all I got.

EDIT: 1 volume and a toggle on the Rhoads sounds like a 2002 RX10D if it has sharkfin inlays. RX10 with dot inlays. The 2001 RX10D's were made in India.
    Last edited by Mudlark; 04-30-2015, 08:29 PM.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Many thanks for the reply

This is the Concept, the best pics I have at the moment.

And the one below is the RR, sounds like a RX10D -

The Performer has one humbucker near the bridge, and 2 single coils. All say Jackson. It has dot inlays. Ill get a photo of that later on when Im home.

Again, many thanks,

Stephen.

Comment

Here is one of the Performer - again, many thanks,

Comment

'97-'98 Japan PS2 Performer, alder body and I think they all had a JT500 tremolo.
          2002ish Japan RX10D, '02 catalogue says poplar body, JT580LP tremolo.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Wow, super info, thanks a million.
            I hope to pick up a Warrior soon enough, again, used, if its the right price!

Stephen.

Comment

If you're looking at buying more, for the prices of those, used, around these parts you can probably get the newer MIC or MII stuff with neck binding and through neck construction.
              Welcome BTW!

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with those - I have a JDR 94 Concept just like your PS2 and I love it. I just like neck binding and neckthrus!
              Last edited by MartinBarre; 05-01-2015, 02:00 PM.
              http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre View Post
                If you're looking at buying more, for the prices of those, used, around these parts you can probably get the newer MIC or MII stuff with neck binding and through neck construction.
                Welcome BTW!

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with those - I have a JDR 94 Concept just like your PS2 and I love it. I just like neck binding and neckthrus!

Ah these are ones I picked up over the years.

The Rhoads was bought when it must have been just a year old, in 2003.
                I picked up the PS2 a few years back, along with the Concept, which I love.

Currently looking at a JS32R (which you kindly identified for me ) and a string thru Warrior.

Im looking for a few more Jacksons, as the BC Rich collection has grown, and it has gotten a bit too one sided!

The forum is a mine of info!

Comment

I picked up the Warrior, its a string thru, serial 200610487, so Im guessing its a 2006 year, says Crafted in India on headstock.

Delighted with it

Comment

I don't think the serial numbers work like that. Pics?
                    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Neckthrough or bolt on? That serial and Made in India would indicate either a recent JS model or an "X" model, depending on features.

If it's a bolt-on, again, the stamps in the neck pocket and on the heel will tell you what model it is.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

That is indeed a 2006 model, probably a JS30WR.
                        That number format was used in the mid 2000s for a couple years or so. Stopped using it because it was too simple?

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre View Post
                          I don't think the serial numbers work like that. Pics?

Heres one.

It has dot inlays, most Ive seen have sharkfin. Its nice, picked up for 80 euro

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                            That is indeed a 2006 model, probably a JS30WR.
                            That number format was used in the mid 2000s for a couple years or so. Stopped using it because it was too simple?

Ye, that would be far too simple!!

Yep, think you are right, looks exactly like all the JS30WR that I have checked out since you replied

Many thanks,

Stephen.

Comment

The JS series is the entry level line. Dot inlays are common on JS models, but some have sharkfins.
                              80 euros is like $90 USD, correct? Great deal.
                              MSRP was $427.99 USD in 2006, but street price would be considerably less in North America.

Comment

Working...
                              X