Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Old DK2 Flamed Body Day

Hi,
    I had a DK2 eerie des swirl and swapped out the body for a 2004 flamed maple veneer. I always liked the flamed bodies and thought I'd put my own choice pickups in and upgrades etc. I have posted before in other threads and asked your opinions, this what I decided on.
    2 x Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounds and a Di Marzio Tone Zone. I am totally impressed with each pickup, the SD's are so clear and fat, roll up and down with great neck Fat Strats tones and a Tele chickin pickin vibe in the middle. The Di Marzio is so articulate and addictive, it enhances yourchops and demands a clean execution which feeds that addiction I mentioned. The guitar feels amp-heavy in tone, amazing. No pull single coil action its all or nothing with 500k pot and a Orange drop it appears was in the body when I bought it second hand.

I'm in love with this guitar!!!!

I've read good and bad about the Korean Floyd Rose Specials but happy to say its a better upgrade and I like the nickel chrome and black fine tuners. It does what its supposed to and mimics some custom shop Jacksons which was my inspiration at a third of the price new.

Thanks for your advice folks!
    Last edited by Dave1968; 04-30-2015, 02:06 AM.

Based on your description it seems that you really like the pickups and the Korean Floyd. That is half the battle. Forget what other people think. Play what you think sounds best.

Comment

sweet guitar theres nothing wrong with the floyd special i did upgrade the block to a thick brass on my slx and it now stays in tune and flutters better that the floyd 1000 on my sk1

Comment

Originally posted by TJOVOLVE13 View Post
        Based on your description it seems that you really like the pickups and the Korean Floyd. That is half the battle. Forget what other people think. Play what you think sounds best.
        I'm with ya on that score. I wanted a brutal, direct honest high output guitar and I think I may have done it!

Comment

Originally posted by guitardudeluke View Post
          sweet guitar theres nothing wrong with the floyd special i did upgrade the block to a thick brass on my slx and it now stays in tune and flutters better that the floyd 1000 on my sk1
          Cheers! I'm considering swapping out the block. I found that many do this with a majority that share your view also with the lots of research I did prior to buying.
          Different strokes, If its not broke etc.

Better pics:

Comment

wow - the flamed maple looks awesome!!

Comment

Really like the way that looks!! Turned out great. I've got a git with a Floyd Rose Special, no problems at all. In fact, I actually really like it. Flutters great. Never goes out of tune. I've got guitars with OFR, Schaller, JT-6, etc. I've go no problems with any of them...at least they aren't Kahlers.
              My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

@drewbag: Cheers, I've always liked flamed Jackson's!

Originally posted by BayRocker View Post
                Really like the way that looks!! Turned out great. I've got a git with a Floyd Rose Special, no problems at all. In fact, I actually really like it. Flutters great. Never goes out of tune. I've got guitars with OFR, Schaller, JT-6, etc. I've go no problems with any of them...at least they aren't Kahlers.
                Thanks man, glad you approve. Nice family you got going there!

I had a JT-6 on my Charvel model 2, that too was 100% reliable for 23 years until I sold it, the neck never suited me. I've not been unlucky with JT580LPs either. Kahlers, never gelled either, Floyd all the way.

Comment

Dave, outstanding job....great looking guitar. I'll say one thing - those quarter pounders look so friggin' cool! Who cares what they sound like !
                  "Hail to the Wasted".......Zinny J. Zan

Comment

Originally posted by msaint65 View Post
                    Dave, outstanding job....great looking guitar. I'll say one thing - those quarter pounders look so friggin' cool! Who cares what they sound like !
                    Thanks, im pleased with my choice efforts. The quarter pounders sound clear and concise clean and overdriven. The SD STK-1s prior were too wooly. Not a fan of rail pickups either...

You'd be surprised what you're missing if you left the herd?

Go grab yourself a couple of quarter pounders and chew on 'em for while, you might just taste something different than your usual fodder.

Its all good!

More beer!!

Comment

Guitar looks great.
                      Power chords...what more do you need?!

Comment

That's a nice looking axe!
                        Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

Thanks fellas!! Appreciate your comments.

I can't wait to do some recording!

Comment

OMG!!!I had this Jackson,except i put EMG 81 and SA's in mine.I wish i never would have got rid of it.However i found a used HH version of the same body,but unfortunately the neck does not have the binding on it.Beautifull guitar though!

Comment

Working...
                            X