Jackson DR-6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson DR-6

Anyone have any info on this model I've found very little. Mine has a reverse headstock and a orange color stain (can see the wood grain) I'm pretty sure the body is made out of ash, Maple neck, Rosewood board etc.. I've however had the neck pickup, tone and selector removed. Just a volume and a Super Distortion, Sounds good to my ears!

I've owned mine since I was 16, and still to this day it feels the best to my hands and the neck is my favorite
    Any idea on the specs on the neck?../ Any other guitars with the same shape and radius neck?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

They only appear in the 2000 catalogue. Made in Japan with both poplar and ash bodies. I'll assume the ash was for trans colours, the poplar for solid colours.
    If you check the 2000 catalogue you may be able to read the neck specs, but it's too blurry for my eyes.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Right on I'll check that out, I thought it was made in 2000 but wasn't sure. Knew it was MIJ.. Thanks!

Comment

Yep, in the 2000 catalog. I thought it was around for another year or two before actually being discontinued. I don't think many people wanted a string-thru Dinky with 22 frets.
        I remember seeing them mostly in cherry sunburst (or maybe it was an amber/yellow) and burnt cherry sunburst or tobacco sunburst, but I also remember a black one and a red one, and they had that brushed chrome/grayish hardware.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah I've only come across a few of them... It had some Duncan designed pick ups in it.. Not sure which models

Comment

I don't remember what models were in them, either. I'll have to dig through my trunk with old mags and catalogs and try to find that catalog soon... I know it's in there.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks man

Comment

Working...
              X