Dinky Reverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinky Reverse

I am looking at purchasing a Dinky reverse headstock with a quilted top and dual EMG humbucker pickups on it (not sure what type). The serial is 9793914 which is 7 digits 96-97-98 sequence. According to what I read so far it should be a Japanese model. Any idea of what the full name of this model is? Should it be a DR?
    Cos' this, people reckon, and me included, is why pubs and drugs were kindly invented... To calm us all down, stop us going mental.

I'd suggest posting a pic. Necks and neck plates (serial numbers) can be swapped and that number can mean 1997 or 2007ish depending on what model it is.

Does it say Professional on the headstock?
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Pics please.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Cos' this, people reckon, and me included, is why pubs and drugs were kindly invented... To calm us all down, stop us going mental.

Comment

I just posted some pictures. I believe this to be Japanese, but I will wait for your green light before pulling the trigger. Waiting for approval from a mod.
          Last edited by LordRevan; 04-08-2015, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Correct, that's a made in Japan serial.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Can you guys see the pictures yet?

Comment

no pics yet

Comment

Now I can see them. Is it Japs?

Comment

That is a DKMG.

And that is not a quilted top.
                    It is a flamed top.

Yes, that is MIJ.

Comment

Yup, 2007ish DKMG. They had 3 knobs and passive EMGhz's up to 2006.
                      I have a 2011 string thru body DKMGT and love it.

Comment

I had a 2005 with 2knobs and actives.
                        You know Jackson ---- dates don't matter.

Comment

It's well known the 2006 models had the overhaul. Some late '05 models wouldn't be surprising.

Actually, yours was the 98xxxxx number indicating 2010-11 with a 2005 stamp, correct? I've came across a number of those lately. It's like they came across a bunch of old bodies and decided to use them up around 2010-11. Perhaps they knew the end of the Japanese models was coming and therefore was using up all the old stock?
                          Last edited by Mudlark; 04-08-2015, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Ok, stickers removed. Checked the pickups. We have active EMG 81 (bridge) and active EMG 85 (neck). Bridge non Takeuchi (like the Soloist SL-3 or SL-4). It's a Floyd Rose patented. I thought this came with passive EMG HZ.

Comment

It's post '06, so real active EMG's. The trem is a JT580LP.

Comment

Working...
                              X