RR24 Years.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR24 Years.

What years did they make these and are they rare? They seem to get top dollar for them

I believe these were first released as a limited with only 200 built which you can spot with the reverse inlays. They were black with yellow bevels. I think the year was 2006 with the production models to soon follow that same year with 3 choices. Black/yellow, black/red, and white/black. They are now discontinued (at least the MIJ ones are). Not sure if they have a indo or Korea version these days.

Comment

So they were made for more than 1 year? I'm looking at one but I think it's over priced for a Japanese import.

Comment

First, some people (usually JS owners) have been labeling their units as RR24 because they have 24 frets.
        So make sure you know what you are buying.

You can find them starting at $400.
        Usually the $600-900 range is where you'll find most of them.

When it comes to price, here's my thoughts:
        They are worth every penny. BUT, when you look at the current market values of other units they are grossly over priced.
        Think of it... I just bought a Model 5 (HH config) for $200. USA Jacksons usually start at $800. These things are certainly worth more than that, but that is the current sales values.
        So why buy a $900 RR24 when you can get an RR1 for $1200.

Comment

Good score on the model 5. I have one and it get's played the most. I can get it for less than $600 w case, but not much less. Everyone keeps saying they are rare. Coincidentally there is an RR1 for sale locally for a grand. Both minty

Comment

The normal production models were made from 2007 to 2011 I think. They were 'premium' MIJ Jacksons just like the MIJ artist signature models (the RR24 is an artist signature model in all but name ). Higher specced than their contemporary RRs, they had ebony fretboards, binding, original Floyds, and neck through construction. Retail price was accordingly higher than the 'normal' MIJ Jacksons, although iirc it fluctuated a lot for a period. I don't think they are that rare but they are not ubiquitous like RR3s either. The fact that they were among the last Japanese made Jacksons might have driven price up a bit, even if the current MII imports are no slouches.

As always it is best to play it and see how it feels to you and if it is worth the price but they are great guitars. $600 doesn't seem excessive for a mint one with case but I will leave it to the more knowledgeable members to comment.

Full disclosure: I own one and I love it

Comment

Where's the guy with the signature when you need him... Rare does not equal good.

I am actually kind of bummed over the Charvel deal. Because I had pre-arranged to buy four Models (4,5,5,6) on a recent road trip -- all of which were going to be in the $200-300 range. And I tried and failed at the last minute to add another Model 6 to the list.
              One got sold, and that made me not want to go on that leg of the detour to get a 2nd. And the other guy turned into a douche who decided that his was made in the USA and therefore worth four times as much.
              Fort Worth Texas is not the USA!

So, of all the ones that I was looking at, I ended up with a Cobalt Blue Model 5 with Kahler. That was the one I wanted the least!
              The Model 4 was Ferrari Red, I wanted that one, LOL. But I wasn't going to pay $1000 for it when it hadn't sold for a year at $500 and we agreed to $250.

And oddly enough, had I went on the other leg of the trip, I was going to pick up a white RR24 for $500 (his full asking price). But I was really only interested in it because I was going to be in the area and I knew i could quickly turn a $100 profit.

Comment

Thanks for all the knowledge guys. I might wait another week.

Comment

Some/all of the earliest models with the reverse inlays were released as early as 2006 and the final year of manufacture was 2011.
                  I can't be sure if the reverse inlay'd models had a real Floyd (I'd guess not) but the majority had a FRT 02000.
                  96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

This one says Floyd Rose and not Jackson. Is that an OFR?

Comment

If it is the white one in the tampa region I would say buy it because you will not be disappointed. I just bought an RR24M in Miami and it is awesome.

Comment

Thanks Bucket.

Comment

I expect it's the 1000 series.
                          https://www.floydrose.com/support/fa...eries-original
                          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

The 01000 is chrome the 02000 is black.

Comment

Working...
                            X