KV2 rescue and resto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KV2 rescue and resto

I happened on one of the original KV2 guitars. Yep before the current neck thru USA KV2 there was the original KV2 and it was a Japan bolt on. They seem rather scarce because the only info I was able to find on them was in the old catalogs and a very very few posts on here.
    When I found her she was in a sorry state. Looked like it hadn't been cleaned in 19 years, ridden hard and put away wet. Someone had swapped out the bridge for a chrome one that was the wrong size and there were a few parts missing. It was unplayable.
    I cleaned her up and polished the frets, polished out what I could of the scratches/swirls, rewired and shielded the cavities, and located the correct hardware. I am considering a pickup upgrade as the stock ones seem very thin sounding.
    I am leaving the original paint as is, she is a player and it shows. I still need to find a few screws and a jack plate but it is mostly completed.
    Here she is an all her purple "UV" glory.

The before, taking her apart.

Frets were nasty

All done!!!!

Leaving original stickers, etc

Attached Files

Shielding installed

Ready to go back together

Small bit missing from the tip

The Altar!~

NICE PAIR!!!!
    Attached Files

Comment

that is pretty cool liking the trem cover cool man

Comment

Very nice! You really don't see too many of the Professional KV2s around.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

nice!!! I am digging that!
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

those frets cleaned up nice!

Comment

Looks kinda like a KV3

Comment

Those wing tips really aren't that bad. The guitar looks well used, but really not that abused. More neglected than anything. Looks nice!
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by GWARGHOUL View Post
                  Looks kinda like a KV3
                  That's because in '98 the USA KV line became KV1 and KV2 and the original KV2 + sharkfins became the KV3.

Comment

Love that color I have always been a Purple freak nice job on the resto

Comment

Purple and black looks so cool like that, would imagine the same paint jon on a Kelly would be sweet

Comment

Working...
                      X