No announcement yet.

The journey begins..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a Japanese made Dinky Jackson guitar. All "Professional" series Jackson guitars are made in Japan, as I have owned a lot of them and own one now. All bolt on guitars, in this style, are Dinky models, as it is a bolt on. This is a obviously a very nice model. I would suspect ash wood, as it is not a gloss finish, to keep the grains showing. These typically sold for around $1350 CDN at the time, retail, but prices varied at the time. All Soloist US models are neck through and have too many distinctive differences to list. As years went on, the "Professional" series name was dropped, the models still came out of Japan, but the pricing dropped to about $900 CDN, but that was not suggested retail. They took on names like "SO-CAL" etc, but were Japanese made. There are US counterparts sharing the same name, but the Japanese versions are top quality and more affordable. The headstock chanced to a Fender Strat Style headstock as Fender took over the company. This likely came over to North America as just another Japanese Professional Dinky Model, and I say just respectfully, as they are great, and was addressed/specified to a certain North American buyer's specs, or a limited edition as stated, by Jackson guitars. Jackson did not do this with US models, but did with Japanese. I hope this helps, if not, I tried, and I am a long time Jackson/Charvel fan and have owned to many to list, since the 1980s. All the best!

Comment

Thanks for straightening us out.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by calrc View Post
        Well boys, I finally got the low down on this guitar. They were commissioned by B&J Music Ltd. in Canada. There were 60 guitars commissioned for their 60th anniversary, 20 red, 20 blue, and 20 yellow, one guitar for each year they were in business. These guitars were offered to their top volume customers.
        Isn't it an awesome feeling when you finally track down information that you would think everyone knows? lol

I've had to do that a couple of time. Sometimes you don't get anywhere and sometimes you get lucky! Grats!
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

That's a nice looking axe, and a nice little piece of lore to add to the collection of what we know about the Professional series.

I own a fistful of other models, and if you had told me that was a custom run from those days I ignorantly would have considered you misinformed. Nice job bird dogging the history down.

Comment

Working...
          X