Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schaller FR parts & other Fusion Pro Parts in the UK

Hi all,

I've just got my my hands on a pair of 90 & 91 Fusion Pros and the one needs a little TLC.

There is some corrosion on the Shaller / FR saddles and some wear and tear on the thumbwheels. Anyone know of a good place to get spares for these trems in the UK? I'd like to get it back to it's former glory, and that is one of the things that looks a bit rubbish on there IMO.

Oh, and the aluminum back plate over the FR cavity needs replacing too. Any suggestions where to get one from in the UK?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light on a spares supplier

Paul C

I think i got mine from ebay man :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/31110...13=80&ff14=108

and got the schaller tuning screws from here:

http://www.touchstonetonewoods.co.uk...crews-5390007/

Should be able to find any stuff you need with a bit of a browse on Google, I had to get some allen bolts for to lock the strings down in Tremolo which was annoying to find because the Shaller ones are shorter than Floyd ones. Got there in the end though!

Anyway - good luck, I have a charvel fusion, lovely guitar, and I have a Jackson Fusion Pro on its way from Germany to me in the UK at the mo. Are they reaklly as nice as they say they are? :p

-Drew

Comment

Cheers Drew, I'll have a nose at the links provided. The Schaller parts are a bit of a bugger to find over the normal FR ones and there are some subtle differences which makes getting the right ones an even bigger PITA! lol

Are they as nice as they say? Yup, they certainly are. I imported 2 this month from Slovenia, and the first one (a 91 in metallic black) is absolutely immaculate. It's insane how good the condition is on the guitar.

The 90 Fusion Pro in Trans Blue (the one that I need the FR parts for).

Comment

Those ebay saddles are not real Schaller parts. Those longer string lock bolts don't fit JT-590 trem cavity.

http://www.touchstonetonewoods.co.uk...crews-5390007/ This place seems to have all the parts you need. I would get complete new base plate for the rebuild.

Comment

IMO it may be better to replace the entire trem
          Big chance the baseplate isn't gonna survive a lot of setups anymore, and since other parts are also already wearing out, you end up replacing part after part
          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Wow they look amazing...im really looking forward to my metallic black one coming now!! From the looks of it, it is on very good condition also. I will post pics when it comes!

good luck with the parts, like i say, i did manage to get all the schaller bits i needed OK in the UK with a bit of hunting and mine seems to be holding up fine for the mo!

Cheers -Drew

Comment

Working...
            X