Jackson Soloist Serial Number Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Soloist Serial Number Location

I was wondering has anyone ever seen a made in india soloist with the serial number stamped on the fretboard. I know this was done with some japanese and us models but it seemed odd to me. The guitar i think has a serial of 110815. It peaked my interest at sam ash cause they were asking top 400 and it has a huge body/finish crack and looks like it got hit with sandpaper all over and they tried to fix it. I couldnt get a Pic cause the guy was hovering and annoying the crap out of me and when i offered less than they were asking he acted like it was a 5000 dollar guitar . Its a cherry burst like the current soloist x but its not a flame or any impressive top. Floyd Special and black hardware. I was just wondering. My Slime Green Soloist X has the serial on a sticker but its brand new and also an indonesian.
    2014 Soloist SLX
    2012 Adrian Smith SDX
    2000 RR5
    1993 JSX-94 Concept
    1990 KE-3 (Torn Apart)

Too Many Others

Off the top of my head I can't remember which but one of my X models has the serial stamped on the fretboard while the other has it on a sticker like yours. Shit, you know you have too many guitars when you can't even remember stuff like this.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Yes, up until 2012 some Indian neck thru's were stamped on the board. The SLX is one example. The stickers came on later models.
      To my knowledge Indian production stopped in 2012 or 2013. I'm not sure if any Indian models received stickers or whether they only had stamped fret boards.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

ok cool that helps out. It was just interesting cause its being passed off as a brand new.......which it may be however i offered 150 cause it is so roached and he had no idea what to do so said no. Its been there since black friday. I totally agree with you Martin. Theres way too many in the house now to keep up with all the tiny details. I could have called fender i guess monday but it was just one of those things that you start thinking hmmm thats odd....
        2014 Soloist SLX
        2012 Adrian Smith SDX
        2000 RR5
        1993 JSX-94 Concept
        1990 KE-3 (Torn Apart)

Too Many Others

Comment

Yeah I have always been used to the neckplate or the board mud. The stickers seemed to show up about the same time fender decided to sneak a chinese line in.
          2014 Soloist SLX
          2012 Adrian Smith SDX
          2000 RR5
          1993 JSX-94 Concept
          1990 KE-3 (Torn Apart)

Too Many Others

Comment

That sounds about right. I recall the Chinese ATL Scott Ian Soloist was a 2012 model.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Aah OK however I was making a crack on the Chinese fender line. I was surprised/shocked when I saw them. A Chinese fender that is weird. Japanese Jacksons tho I love
              2014 Soloist SLX
              2012 Adrian Smith SDX
              2000 RR5
              1993 JSX-94 Concept
              1990 KE-3 (Torn Apart)

Too Many Others

Comment

Currently I have the soloist x an adrian smith a jsx94 a japanese rr5 and a Japanese ke3 (roached p.o.s. torn apart) so my serial number reference at home is as spastic as my a.d.d so I figured ask online
                Last edited by jacksonw; 03-07-2015, 05:36 PM.
                2014 Soloist SLX
                2012 Adrian Smith SDX
                2000 RR5
                1993 JSX-94 Concept
                1990 KE-3 (Torn Apart)

Too Many Others

Comment

There's a member here that picked up an ATL Soloist not too long ago and he was quite impressed with the quality.

Comment

That would be me Mudlark.
                    I think its a fantastic guitar and feels darn near as nice as my 85 USA soloist custom.
                    Made in China but the fret work and neck binding/inlays are perfect.A very solid well made guitar,fit and finish are perfect as well.
                    I wasn't expecting a whole lot but was very impressed with it.
                    Mine is 204 out of 250 IIRC.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonw View Post
                      Aah OK however I was making a crack on the Chinese fender line. I was surprised/shocked when I saw them. A Chinese fender that is weird. Japanese Jacksons tho I love
                      I think the Squire Bullet series is made in China?

Comment

they are some however fender actually has a full fendder badged strats etc you look and it like oh wow then you flip it over and it says crafted in china. There are a few i looked at brfore i bought my adrian smith that were very nice. I just like guitars so where its made is no big deal was just a shocker. My soloist i love. Its hard to justify a usa when i dont gig but this one i would feel perfectly fine with.
                        2014 Soloist SLX
                        2012 Adrian Smith SDX
                        2000 RR5
                        1993 JSX-94 Concept
                        1990 KE-3 (Torn Apart)

Too Many Others

Comment

Part of the fun is i love to look for jacksons and try to get a deal. If its a japanese even better. My KE-3 was at first a deal till i started to look for a neck and then the trem was trashed and had to be rebuilt then the decal i removed also pulled the finish off which irked me etc. My first kelly was a js i got when mars music closed and i found it in a trash pile in the corner the wiring was roached and i got it for like 20 bucks with an ltd v. i had to rewire it it was flawless however and i ended up getting 150 for it a couple years later. I regret selling it cause it was so cheap but i wasnt playing it so i wanted something different.

Bullet series..... I have a blue one humbucker i set up as a b tuned and its the loudest little guitar even the guitarist i work with said he loved playing it cause it was small and light and hot enough with the cheap stock pickup that the bottom didnt mud up. its indonesian tho.
                          Last edited by jacksonw; 03-08-2015, 01:35 PM.
                          2014 Soloist SLX
                          2012 Adrian Smith SDX
                          2000 RR5
                          1993 JSX-94 Concept
                          1990 KE-3 (Torn Apart)

Too Many Others

Comment

Working...
                          X